Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD Windows XP

• Please log in to reply

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

OK now with a couple of days of use and no issues try your regular browser and see what happens. If it BSOD's then we will know it is a browser issue.

Ok will do will start tomorrow.

Advertisements

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
So far so good

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
8 days ith no problems so it seems the issue is resolved. :thumbsup:

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

8 days ith no problems so it seems the issue is resolved. :thumbsup:

Possible

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Not a problem as the topic will remain open so even a year from now you can post if need be.
How is the system running and has anything that may have caused a BSOD before been tried to possibly cause a BSOD intentionally?

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Not a problem as the topic will remain open so even a year from now you can post if need be.
How is the system running and has anything that may have caused a BSOD before been tried to possibly cause a BSOD intentionally?

Not sure how to answer that really.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
More then anything it was meant to just say we don't close topics in this part of the forum so you would be good even a year from now. Hopefully the issue is gone and if something was to happen it would be a different issue and you could start a new topic for it. Sorry I was over tired and just trying to being light hearted at the time. :upset:

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

More then anything it was meant to just say we don't close topics in this part of the forum so you would be good even a year from now. Hopefully the issue is gone and if something was to happen it would be a different issue and you could start a new topic for it. Sorry I was over tired and just trying to being light hearted at the time. :upset:

Ha ha ya I know that feeling over tired. If it stays fixed I will still be forced to change OS since Microsoft finally put expiration date on XP for updates and support.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Depending on the size of your main hd and the free space available have you given any thought to maybe doing a dual boot with XP and maybe Win7 on the same HD?
That would allow you to have both and you would just choose which to boot to when the system boots up. ;)

It really isn't that hard to do as I have XP, Win7 and Win8.1 installed on my main HD right now.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Depending on the size of your main hd and the free space available have you given any thought to maybe doing a dual boot with XP and maybe Win7 on the same HD?
That would allow you to have both and you would just choose which to boot to when the system boots up. ;)

It really isn't that hard to do as I have XP, Win7 and Win8.1 installed on my main HD right now.

If money wasn't a issue I'd easily get new hard drives both 300 gig drives are pretty full and neither are solid state drives. They are however both SATA. I've been meaning to eventually get new drives since they are like 5-6 years old now about.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Mine is a 500 gig that I partitioned into 3 different partitions for the OS's. Do you have preference of a hd manufacturer?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
HERE is a list of 500GB HD's from Newegg with a starting price of $54.99

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Thank ya eventually I will get to it just have to save because cheapest way for a OS is if a student but I'm not so its hard to find it discounted. Plus there is no upgrade XP to windows 7 only from vista if I recall. I wonder if Microsoft will give XP people a discount since they know they will have to upgrade or have no more support or security updates.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What you could do because your OS is legit I take it on the existing HD is to partition the 500 gig into two partitions. Clone the XP installation over to the first partition and then install Win7 on the second partition. Win7 will setup the bootmgr so that when you boot up you will be given the choice of which OS you want to boot to.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

What you could do because your OS is legit I take it on the existing HD is to partition the 500 gig into two partitions. Clone the XP installation over to the first partition and then install Win7 on the second partition. Win7 will setup the bootmgr so that when you boot up you will be given the choice of which OS you want to boot to.

Yeah sounds like a idea when I can get win7 and another HD.