Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD Windows XP

• Please log in to reply

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
I will do as ya posted I already have it don't reboot on error there was no file associated with the last two BSOD only a address listing.

These are the options for driver verifer manager

-create standard settings
-create custom settings (for code developers)
-delete existing settings
-display existing settings
-display information about the currently verified drivers

Which options I checked the obvious ones

Edited by cmislin, 25 January 2014 - 04:50 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
Please excuse any repetition on my behalf :whistling:

Are crash dumps enabled, for others that may read your topic, "how to check" below;

To configure your system to write out crash dumps in case of a system error, take the following steps:
Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties. Click the Advanced tab, and then under Startup and Recovery, click Settings (or Startup and Recovery). For best results, under write debugging information select full memory dump. Your system however must meet several conditions for this option to work. Alternatively you can select small memory dump to have your system write out crash dump files that are significantly smaller.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
They are turned on and neither whocrash or bluecreenviwer have found any crash dumps from the last two crashes.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts

They are turned on and neither whocrash or bluecreenviwer have found any crash dumps from the last two crashes.

:thumbsup:
For driver verifier please select the create standard settings option

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Then what option next?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
In the next screen you can choose to auto select a driver or select from a list, please choose the select from a list option and then place a tick in the atapi.sys box, restart the computer and see if this causes the system to crash.

See here and be sure to select only the atapi.sys driver box.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
when I did that it said no changes were made and nothing about a reboot. Should I still reboot?

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

While stressing, monitor your temps/volts, see if they spike before a BSOD.

Download (from the bottom of the webpage) Prime95 to stress the CPU, > http://www.guru3d.co...5_download.html
Download Speedfan (bottom of the web page) have it running before you start the stress test, > http://www.guru3d.co...edfan_4_38.html

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
ok that will be on tomorrow agenda.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts

when I did that it said no changes were made and nothing about a reboot. Should I still reboot?

When was the above message displayed.

At some point run driver verifier again and let us know if you are able to follow each step without any problems, steps now in the correct order below ;)

1.Click Start
2.Click Run…
3.Type CMD and press Enter
4.In the new box, type verifier and press Enter

The Driver Verifier Manager utility will open up

Select the Create standard list option.
In the next screen you can choose to auto select a driver or select from a list, please choose the select from a list option and then place a tick in the atapi.sys box, restart the computer and see if this causes the system to crash.

To disable driver verifier when done go to start, run and type in verifier /reset

Click on OK and you`re done.

Advertisements

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

When was the above message displayed.

At some point run driver verifier again and let us know if you are able to follow each step without any problems, steps now in the correct order below ;)

1.Click Start
2.Click Run…
3.Type CMD and press Enter
4.In the new box, type verifier and press Enter

The Driver Verifier Manager utility will open up

Select the Create standard list option.

To disable driver verifier when done go to start, run and type in verifier /reset

Click on OK and you`re done.

I did them exactly as stated but I was asking does it prompt for you to reboot or just you telling me to reboot. I did reboot but that check mark all it did was check and verify the driver which if there isn't a problem it does nothing correct? The Adapti driver was a standard microsoft one btw.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

While stressing, monitor your temps/volts, see if they spike before a BSOD.

Download (from the bottom of the webpage) Prime95 to stress the CPU, > http://www.guru3d.co...5_download.html
Download Speedfan (bottom of the web page) have it running before you start the stress test, > http://www.guru3d.co...edfan_4_38.html

Another BSOD this time bluescreen and whocrashed caught something. I did have both programs running but was unable to tell if anything was out of the ordinary. The error was a irql_not_less_or_equal where the file name is. Here is the txt report for whocrash and bluescreen.

Booted back up ran about 30 mins or so of both tests gpu max temp was 41 c core 0 max temp was 49c core 1 max temp 48. They all did level off and not continue to climb during testing. I can test more later when I'm back home since I'd rather be able to monitor it than let it run itself.

Attached Files

Edited by cmislin, 26 January 2014 - 10:46 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
I have been wading through the entire topic but have decided to just ask you, are you still using AVG free as your AV protection.
Are the correct time and date showing on the RTC on the taskbar.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
I was before the format. Currently using windows essentials and time and date is correct.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
Couple of things for you to do if you will;

• Please download WVCheck by Artellos from one of the mirrors below;

Artellos.com (exe)
    Artellos.com (zip)

• After the download, run WVCheck.exe
  • As indicated by the prompt, This program can take a while depending on your hard drive space.
  • Once the program is done, copy the contents of the notepad file as a reply.

Next download and run Autoruns for us please, details here

1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
5: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
6: Attach to your next reply.