Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD Windows XP

• Please log in to reply

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
http://www.pcpitstop...&report=Summary

Edited by cmislin, 11 October 2013 - 03:07 AM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Utorrent installed on your system?
I see you have C cleaner installed... but do you use the registry cleaner of it?
Your Java seems to be out of date also at version 7 update 25, where the newest is Version 7 Update 40

I would suggest you update it also.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Ya I torrent occasion and yes I know thats an easy place to pickup unwanted stuff. Yes I run both cc cleaner and the registry side of it atleast once a week. Whats the easiest way to update java? Also I thought it was one of those programs like flash that told ya it was out of date and asked to update or use to be? Because I thought I updated it recently and a fix for something else I was having issues with a game and java conflict.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try this for Java.

Please download JavaRa from the link in my signature below to your desktop and unzip it to its own folder
  • * Run JavaRa.exe, pick the language of your choice and click Select. Then click Remove Older Versions.
    * Accept any prompts.
    * Open JavaRa.exe again and select Search For Updates.
    * Select Update Using Sun Java's Website then click Search and click on the Open Webpage button.
  • Download and install the latest Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version for your computer.

http://sourceforge.n...ft&words=javara

Java Download Link
http://www.java.com/...load/manual.jsp

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The reason I ask about the registry cleaner is we don't suggest the use of any registry cleaner per the quote below.

A registry cleaner will not increase your system's speed or performance, and has the potential to break your registry to the point that your PC is no longer bootable.
We strongly advise that people stay away from any of the registry cleaners out there.
Go HERE to get more information about why registry cleaners aren't needed.

Thanks to Sari for the explanation

Just a note: Before attempting to clean or fix any registry you should always make a backup of it first just in case something goes wrong.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
OK got done with 1st part getting rid of old and which version should I install? The Windows x86 version? I have window xp 32-bit.

Attached Thumbnails

• Java SE Downloads.png

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

which version should I install? The Windows x86 version? I have window xp 32-bit.

yes the X86 version.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Ok I have the right one downloaded and unzipped and the folder there but I don't see a executable to run and install it. I have a folder that has two folders in it bin and lib but no a clue which executable in either of those folders to run to install the java.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Wait which one did you download because the windows versions is at the bottom of the list.
Windows X86 online
Windows X86 offline

Both are exe files so there is nothing to unzip

Personally I would suggest the offline version. It is the 4th one from the bottom.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
OK the 4th one is downloaded and installed. Also he one I originally downloaded was the 3rd one but never ran it since didn't know how.(all talking about from the bottom up) What is next?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yeah the 3rd one up from the bottom is a Linux file.
Your last reported BSOD was on 10\10 which was yesterday. Anything since then?

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Haven't been home much yet today doing much on the computer so no BSOD so far.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK maybe we got it resolved but I want to watch it for at least the weekend and see what happens.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Ok will do. I will update if anything comes up in that time-frame or such.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Had a BSOD today when opening chrome shortly after

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.txt   4.18KB   240 downloads