Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD Windows XP

• Please log in to reply

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Rain it pours just closed browser like 30 seconds then was going to defrag and BSOD in non-paged area.

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.txt   3.56KB   188 downloads

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

We have determined it is not the memory, and the AV I believe we tried disabling it and running the system without it to see if that was causing it. If not you can do this but don't go on the internet.
The next step would be to check for possible MB, HD, or another piece of hardware that may be defective.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
So you would like me to disable the AV and not go online? Because very few of the BSOD like 1 or 2 out of 10 I didn't have the browser open and actively browsing. I just want to be clear what you want me to do is all before I do it. Also if thats what you want me to do is disable AV and not go online do you also want me to sever the connection / disable it while doing this?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes if 8 out of 10 are happening while not online then disable the AV and do what usually it is you do when it happens. I only suggest not going online because you will have no protection at all during this testing.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
So how is being on a browser offline? (just trying to follow) What do you suggest I should do while AV is disable and internet down? I don't have many offline programs really to run.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK so you only 2 of the 10 times you were on the internet so my question what was causing the issue the 8 out of 10 times?
As far as browser you can disconnect ethernet cable from computer.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
What I meant is am I confusing you or did I get confused on when the errors are happening. Its rare that I'm offline and not online at all.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I guess I'm confused because of your previous statement. Is your browser open all the time when these BSOD's happen?
If so then please close down your browser and disconnect the internet cable from your system. Now use your system as you normally would except for the internet and let me know if a BSOD happens then.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Majority of the time the broswer was either just opened or just closed before the BSOD happenes or at time its when I'm browsing and it BSOD. I will try that out tonight and how long do you suggest I try this out? Because its almost similar to how I leave my computer for the night minus the internet being disconnected.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Use your best discretion but if you have nothing you are doing online while you sleep then overnight will be just fine.

Advertisements

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Ok so overnight I will Disconnect from the internet and disable Antivirus and let it do what it normally does and so forth.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK I will check in the morning for your results. :thumbsup:

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
No issues I disconnected the Ethernet cable and then set my AVG to be disabled till reboot and went to bed. I left it for about 8 or so hours. Came back everything was ok rebooted and put the cable back so I can send this msg.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK it looks like we;re narrowing everything down.
Now that you have internet back on is your AVG running ?

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Yes its back running after the reboot. I will point out something that is still unchanged if I do a chkdsk /f and of course it asks if you want to do it before windows boots next time. When the chkdsk ends it BSOD which windows can't log the file for since windows isn't booted. Just mentioning it because I know thats another tool to chk the hard drive. If I recall it does finish chkdsk and just BSOD. I know it did it a few months ago when I chkdsk at bootup.