Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD Windows XP

• Please log in to reply

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Everything installed fine the only thing that won't update is listed in this SS. The MB driver intel INF update I've done it a few times even rebooted and seems it doesn't want to update. Please advise.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2013-10-22_15-33-45_1.jpg

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
To the far right there looks to be a PDF included on each of these. Is that what it is or is it instructions on how to install each? There may be a particular way you have to install that INF driver and it does seem that is the driver we initially need.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

To the far right there looks to be a PDF included on each of these. Is that what it is or is it instructions on how to install each? There may be a particular way you have to install that INF driver and it does seem that is the driver we initially need.

Clicking it then gives info on the newest driver. For the one in question it says unknown for all others it spits back the driver version number or version number and info on what it is.

Edited by cmislin, 22 October 2013 - 03:23 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I found the instructions to do this using a USB flash drive located HERE

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Well it did do the bios already but not the inf file as stated in the SS I posted earlier.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK sorry let me see what the INF says then. How is the system running with the other updates.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
So far so good I think only is almost sure I need to reboot again for some reason a few of my usb ports don't seem to be responding right. I checked system then hardware not driver issue.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes normally on a bios update you need to reboot and sometimes multiple times to get everything to respond.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
The neither thumb drive will pickup on usb and ipod also won't but my USB headset works fine.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hmm maybe we need to look at the USB driver then. Can you go to the Device Manager and see if anything is showing a yellow exclamation mark on it.

Advertisements

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
I checked that earlier ya still no yellow exclamation or any red or yellow ones nothing that shows anything is wrong I expanded all of them and double checked.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Strange as I see no indication of a USB driver installing in the last round of updates we did.
Did you try the usb devices in all your USB connections or just in one of them?

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
I tried a few of them. The front usb where I had my headset worked but today it didn't so I swapped it to the back and it worked but the thumb drive didn't work back there when I swapped it out. Also I never changed my ipod around in 5 years always worked in the same port.

Edited by cmislin, 23 October 2013 - 02:49 AM.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

I tried a few of them. The front usb where I had my headset worked but today it didn't so I swapped it to the back and it worked but the thumb drive didn't work back there when I swapped it out. Also I never changed my ipod around in 5 years always worked in the same port.

Ya for some reason maybe when the motherboard updated it skewed the usb drivers up or something. I updated each from the system and hardware menu and now they are all back working.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK good as I was going to have you update them and see if that worked. Glad to hear it is all working now. Any more BSOD's after the bios flash utility?