Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

remote access

• Please log in to reply

AtownG4life

AtownG4life

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i know you can use the "remote desktop connection" for winxp. to gain access to someones computer with theme loged off.
i want to gain full control with them logged in and see what they are doing. i know their is a way to do this im not sure how to though. i heard somthing bout "windows explorer" haveing this capability but im not sure.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;305608

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you can use VNC viewer and server. they are a free software package that basically gives you their desktop on your screen. basically you install server on the computer you want to access and install the viewer on the other. it will give you their desktop in real time and you can even fight over the mouse. you can also use the remote assistance function in windows XP. start > programs > remote assistance. this will bring up the remote assistance dialog which will allow you to either just view their pc or controll it remotely