Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Bridging apple AirPort Extreme and Netgear 6300 wirelessly

• Please log in to reply

Nickjoyce156

Nickjoyce156

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there

I want to wirelessly connect 2 routers together to connect parts in my house (large house) where the wifi signal is weak from the main wifi device and I need some help on how to set this up.

Router #1 is the new Apple AirPort Extreme (2013) plugged into an ADSL modem in the lounge.

Router #2 is a Netgear R6300 and is in the downstairs bedroom.

How can I connect these 2 wirelessly to make the downstairs bedroom and other rooms downstairs have a strong connection. I don't want to run a wired connection due to logistics. Both routers are 802ac so I presume the 2 routers will have a strong connection between them with 802ac and the beam technology built in.

But I need to know how to set up each router to make this possible? And also do I connect to router #2 (Netgear) with a LAN cable into my downstairs computer or will that be able to distribute a wireless signal to seperate devices downstairs ie computer/ipad/iphone??
Ideally I would like to connect my iMac via a cable but also be able to use my iphone and iPad downstairs aswell off of the Netgear router via wireless if this is possible?

I have been reading a few forums and believe you can bridge routers or set them up as access points but I need some help on the specifics on my set up please!
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Advertisements