Possible infection, wireless indicator has a red cross through but is
Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:53 AM
A registry cleaner will not increase your system's speed or performance, and has the potential to break your registry to the point that your PC is no longer bootable.
We strongly advise that people stay away from any of the registry cleaners out there.
Go HERE to get more information about why registry cleaners aren't needed.
Technet blog also discusses this issue as well as Ed Bott.
Now to the issue at hand, do you have a copy of Windows 7 SP1 on DVD?
Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:20 PM
Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:29 PM
Did you install any new programs since the backup?
Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:02 PM
Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:30 PM
Then I would save your bookmarks from your web browser.
Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:03 PM
Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:11 AM
Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:24 PM
Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:51 AM
Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:07 PM
Export CBS folder
- Click the Start button
- Then click Computer.
- Double-click on the C: drive, under the Hard Disk Drives category, and then scroll down to, and double click on the Windows folder.
- Find and double click on the Logs folder.
- Right-click on the CBS folder, and select Copy.
- Go back to your Desktop, right-click on it, and select Paste. You should now see a copy of the CBS folder appear on your Desktop called CBS.
- Right-click on this new folder, and navigate through Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder.
- A new file, also called CBS (CBS.zip), but this time with a different icon, will be created.
- Attach CBS.zip to your next post.
Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:30 AM
Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:36 PM
Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:17 PM
Since you do not have your Windows DVD with you please follow the instructions below to get your version.
Windows 7: If you don't have an install DVD, you can download a legal copy here:
Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO from Digital River
Make sure you get the same version you have installed: 64bit- Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1
Then go here and follow the directions to make a bootable USB drive.
Now go here and read all the instructions carefully.
If you have any questions do not start, just come back and post your questions.
Once you have the bootable USB drive you will go to Step 5 then skip step 6 and go to Step 7. From here you will follow the directions through.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users