Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Web site displaying ok on one computer but not another.

• Please log in to reply

globaljoe

globaljoe

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
This seems to me to be a very strange problem: On my laptop I can access my web site, however, when I click on the contact link which should link to my mail box I get taken to some Russian site, and when I click on another contact link which should bring up a message box, I get another (different) Russian page. Now if I use another computer, using the same browser (Opera) in the same room and hard wired to the same modem everything works as it should!. Has anyone any idea how this can be happening cause I'm totally puzzled!.

Advertisements

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
Well that sounds like a strange form of a redirect or routing 'mix up'. Let's get some reports going to see if we can't pin point it!  
STEP ONE: MiniToolBox Repairs & Log Gathering
  • At this point and time I'd like you to get the utility MiniToolBox and run it with the following checked items.
    • Flush DNS
    • Reset IE Proxy Settings
    • List content of Hosts
    • List IP Configuration
    • List Winsock Entries
    • List Installed Programs
    • List Devices
    • Only-Problems (leave it checked)
  • List Minidump Files

After you've just the above items, please then hit GO. Once it's done running, which normally doesn't take too long, it will have a text or log file pop up. Please copy & paste that into a reply.
STEP TWO: Resetting Settings For IE
  • Now open your Start Menu and go into your Control Panel
  • Once in your Control Panel go to Internet Options (might want to make the 'View by:' set to small)
  • In this window, please go to the Advanced tab.
  • On this tab, let's click the following; Reset...
  • Don't check the box on the next page, then click 'Reset' at the bottom
  • Once this little window (Reset Internet Explorer Settings) puts check boxes next to all 3 items, click 'Close'
  • This will exit the Internet Options, please reopen it via Control Panel
  • Let's verify a few settings, listed below;
  • Go to the tab 'Connections' and click on 'LAN Settings'. Unless using a proxy, verify 'Automatically detect settings' checkbox is checked and nothing else is entered.
  • Go back to the 'General' tab now and in the 'Browsing History' select 'Delete' and then check all the boxes except 'Form Data' and 'Passwords'. Then hit 'Delete' at the bottom. Give this a minute to run.
  • Make sure to also set the 'Homepage' to a known page (www.Google.com for instance) while on the 'General' tab.
  • Now close and restart your Internet Explorer. Does issue persist?
[/list]

Edited by PhrantiQ, 05 October 2013 - 09:25 AM.

globaljoe

globaljoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Attached File  Result.txt   23.81KB   201 downloads

globaljoe

globaljoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
OK, done all of that, no change!.

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
Alright, I've gone through your logs a bit here and would like you to report to our experts for further assistance.  
Due to the belief that malicious software (malware) may be at fault for your current issue(s), I need you to make a new thread in the appropriate section, to do so you need to first follow the procedures for creating an appropriate post/thread, which can be found HERE. Once you're ready to make the new thread/post, please post it in the appropriate section which can be found HERE. After you post, a malware removal expert will guide you through the process of removing any malicious software off your PC. Once they establish that your machine appears clean, if you are still having the issues come back to this thread and I or another techie will be more than happy to assist you further - However until you are deemed clean by an expert, we will not be able to assist you further.