Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question About High Specs Computers

• Please log in to reply

Windrush

Windrush

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey Guys Im Newbie So Can you Help me ?

1: )I have This Mother Board "BIOSTAR MCP6P M2S"
Is Phenom II X4 can Fit In My Mother Board ?

2: ) What if I Buy Nvidia GeForce GTX 260, Can i Run Most Games In High Settings ?

3: ) How Much Is The Cooler is ? (CPU Cooler, GPU Cooler, etc)

Advertisements

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
First and foremost, welcome to Geeks To Go's forums! I hope you stick around after we've assisted you in resolving this issue, as there is a lot of great members and information available on Geeks To Go's site. Now that the pleasantries have been said, let's take a look at your issue and see what we can do to resolve it!  
Well let's go over your three questions in list format:
  • Well HERE is the link to the board. It will not support the Phenom series, sorry.
  • The Nvidia series is in the 700s now, so that would be quite out dated and not run modern games on max settings by any means.
  • This is kind of negated by the previous two items.

Windrush

Windrush

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
1.) I Think This Is My Motherboard ?
2.) 700's Now ? But i Have only $70 In My Budget. What 700's Now have That Price
3.) Okey. Never Mind It.

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
Can you verify? You had said MCP6P M2S before which doesn't really make sense.

Also the 700s run from mid 100s and up.

Windrush

Windrush

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
1.) I Have AMD Sepron 140 2.70 Ghz. So The Motherboard that you linked dont have in the "CPU Support".
2.) 100's Can Run Most Games In high Specs ?

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
Alright, well if you want to trust it based on that by all means.
100s cannot. But you will not be able to run smooth with a 260 period. Save up and get a 600 or 700 series card.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.
Tweaked my interest there.
The 2 boards look identical, (M2 v 6.x, PhrantiQ's link.) it is a AM2 socket, does not support Phenom.
The M2+ (Windrush link) it is a Socket AM2+/AM2,does support Phenom AMD Phenom™ II X4 (max of 95w on this board)

To be sure of which you have you will need to have the box, or search for id on the board.

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
You can also run a program like Astra32 or one of the many others like CPUID/CPUZ. These will give you all the details of the machine, then you can review them and post up the accurate information here.

Either way, we can't advise you until we can truthfully be sure - as they do look very similar like Mykyl said.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.
While waiting for your next post,

3: ) How Much Is The Cooler is ? (CPU Cooler, GPU Cooler, etc)

A boxed retail CPU or GPU came with a cooling solution, so no extra $$ involved.
The GPU comes assembled/complete, so you just install it.
The CPU comes with a separateheat-sink and fan, which you have to install, fairly simple to do.