Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Games always crash

• Please log in to reply

Peptobismol165

Peptobismol165

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Hello! I'm Marc, and I'm having some computer problems. (Surprise surprise.)

My PC games are always having "unexpected errors" and crash to the desktop. It happens with all my games eventually (Skyrim, Metro 2033, Warframe, ect) but all those games take at least 15 minutes before they crash. (I say least because the crashes are never at a specific time. One day it takes 20 minutes to crash, the next day it'll take 90.)

One game that crashes on a regular basis though is Far Cry 3. It'll crash in 10 minutes or less every time. I just can't seem to figure out why!

First of all, my PC can handle it. I my PC has 850 watts of power, a NVIDIA GTX 560ti graphics card, an Intel Core i3 processor (2.93 Ghz), 4 Gb of DDR3 RAM, all running on Windows 7 64-bit.

Second, I did a driver sweep and updated my graphics card. The time the game lasted was extended temporarily, but the problem came back the next day.

I then updated my DirectX, and it was up to date... still had the problem.

The funny thing is, I can run the game at Ultra or low and I'll have the same problem both times. (Run it at Ultra, crashes in 9 minutes. Run it at low, game crashes in 10 minutes.)

I think it could be my RAM. Maybe it's just too old? (Chips are about 3-4 years old)

HELP!!!

UPDATE: Just today, I played Civilizations 5 and had a "Rendering failure"

Edited by Peptobismol165, 06 October 2013 - 02:34 PM.

Advertisements