Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

e-mails

• Please log in to reply

celast

celast

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I am about to change my ISP from Orange to BT, will I still be able to use my orange e-mail address as well as creating a new BT address ?

Advertisements

Tinkertown

Tinkertown

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Yes you should be able to. It is very unlikely that there will be any issues.

celast

celast

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Yes you should be able to. It is very unlikely that there will be any issues.

Thank you............ :thumbsup:

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
From my understanding, your email address is associated with that ISP and if you no longer pay for their service, you will no longer have access to their services. Their domain will no longer be accessible.

See here

Might want to contact your previous ISP and your new ISP to make sure. :)

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
It is like Donna stated for some ISP's. It is recommended you contact your OLD ISP and discuss the usage of their Email after you discontinue their service. Some let you, some don't. If they don't, they should be able to help you migrate all old Email, contacts, etc to a new account/Email. As for moving forward, I recommend you look into using a non 'ISP Hosted Mail' option. Such as Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc. My preference would be G-Mail or Outlook.com's free webmail options. This way if you move or change ISP in future, you wont have anything to worry about.

celast

celast

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Orange have told me I can keep my address, will that solve my problem?

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
If you get to keep the address, you can continue using it like you have been. I don't know if that solves your problem, nor even 100% sure what your problem is/was other than wondering if you keep your email.

penfold1

penfold1

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi. I've just been through this and yes there are problems. I have an orange.net e-mail address and recently changed from O2 to BT broadband. At first there were no problems but then suddenly I stopped being able to send e-mails although I can still receive. Still trying to resolve the problem, so if anybody can help??