Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Quick question about Laptop Inbuilt mic

• Please log in to reply

wakedrake

wakedrake

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Sorry if im putting this question on wrong sub-forum. However i cant seems to find anywhere to ask my pathetic question.
I have an Asus Laptop R405C which has headset/mic universal jack. Whenever i plug in my earphone, my laptop inbuilt mic doesnt seems to work.

Are there any way to set up that will enable using my headphone for audio but using my Laptop inbuilt Microphone for mic?

Thank you!

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
When you plug in the earphones it usually physically opens the connection to the built-in mic and speakers. Only way I can see to fix your problem would be to solder a jumper on the audio connector in the PC so that the mic does not get disconnected. Not easy to do on a laptop so I think you will need to buy a head set with its own mic.

Ron