Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows freezes on startup

• Please log in to reply

Thifiell

Thifiell

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello,

I have a PC and when it boots, the
startup repair screen comes up.
The startup repair does not loads files, just I see words "Windows is loading files" and progress bar fills till the end, but it never goes
to the next step. The same is with Launch Startup Repair and Repair Your Computer in advanced boot options.
I did photo from phone to show better.

if I start to start Windows normally or in safe mode, or I try last known good configuration, result is the same, it freezes on a moment where appear words "starting Windows" with "Microsoft Corporation" and never appear animation with sound after.
look photo

If I try directory Services Restore Mode, it shows the list of files and stops on
\windows\system32\DRIVERS\AtiPcie64.sys
look photo

I have installation disc with Windows7 but it has no reaction when I enter it in DVD device.

Before this I have installed only one program, the Internet Download Manager.

Any suggestions?

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0249.jpg
  • DSC_0250.jpg

Advertisements

Thifiell

Thifiell

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
last photo with drivers is here

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0251.jpg

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts
:welcome: Thifiell

Is the HDD detected/listed in the BIOS.
Has the boot sequence been set in the BIOS so that the DVD drive is the first boot device and the HDD is the second.
What type of Windows 7 disk is it that you have as in is it a full retail disk, a brand name OEM disk such as Dell or HP etc, a burned copy, a downloaded ISO or a back up disk that you have created yourself.

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB, add on video card if one is used and the PSU (power supply unit) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

Thifiell

Thifiell

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for welcoming)

Unfortunately I don't know whether hdd is listed in a bios and have no idea what's to look.
About boot sequence as well, I am exactly searching an answer on this question, because I have usual DVD with Windows, so I decided simply to reinstall Windows. I hope it'll be no problem with reactivation. It's early full retail disc,I have bought it on Amazon.

About computer, it's desktop, also from Amazon, this one
http://www.amazon.de...ef=ya_aw_oh_pit

AMD FX-Series FX-6100 6 x 3600 MHz | 8192MB DDR3 1333 | 1000GB S-ATA HDD | brandneue NVIDIA Geforce GTX 650 2048 MB DVI/HDMI/VGA | ASUS Mainboard mit USB3

Edited by Thifiell, 08 October 2013 - 11:08 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts
Hello Thifiell

Unfortunately I don't know whether hdd is listed in a bios and have no idea what's to look.

Follow the steps below to see if the HDD is detected (look for something beginning with WD or ST) and to change the boot sequence;

To change the Boot Sequence in the BIOS
Reboot the system and at the first post screen (where it is counting up memory) start tapping the appropriate button that allows you to access the BIOS (Esc - Del – F2 etc)
This will enter you into the BIOS/CMOS
Find the Advanced area and click Enter
Look for Boot Sequence or Boot Options and highlight that click Enter
Now highlight the first drive and follow the directions on the bottom of the screen on how to modify it and change it to DVD/ CD drive
Change the second drive to the C: or Main Drive
Once that is done then click F10 to Save and Exit
You will prompted to enter Y to verify Save and Exit.
Click Y and the system will now reboot with the new settings.

You are welcome BTW :thumbsup:

Thifiell

Thifiell

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
the answer was quite easy. One of the plugged device caused problems. I deconnected all except monitor and it has worked. USB Hub Belkin was that problem device ...
Hope it will helps some other people.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts
Glad you got it sorted and thanks for the follow up Thifiell :thumbsup: