Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Distorted Horizontal Line across Screen

• Please log in to reply

WilliamP

WilliamP

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
My wife is complaining to me that there is a line across her monitor. It only happens when she is scrolling the image. It is about 3/4th's inch. In that line the image is distorted. Of course my system does the same thing. I had just re-installed the system so she feels like something is wrong. Soon as you stop scrolling there is no distortion. Is it something that can't be eliminated?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Hello WilliamP

Of course my system does the same thing.

Can you please elaborate as in do you have two independent computers that both have the same problem.

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB, add on video card if one is used and the PSU (power supply unit) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

To try and rule out a screen problem if at all possible you should do one of the following;

If the computer is a desktop try an alternative screen - if the computer is a notebook that has a VGA port connect the notebook to an external screen, both are intended to see if the issue is replicated on a second screen, if it is it points away from the present screen having the problem and more to the graphic solution be it an add on video card or a video chip integrated into the MB.