Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Boot issues

• Please log in to reply

tania17

tania17

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an Inspiron 1525. When I turn on the computer it goes to the safe mode options screen. No matter what option I choose it loads to a black screen with the white arrow. The mouse will move the arrow around but there is nothing else. I have run a pre-boot system assessment build 4108 (I don't know if that info matters). I did get one error code for the optical drive (code 2000-0147) but so far nothing else. I am not sure at this point if this is a hardware or software issue or where to go from here. Any ideas?

Edited by tania17, 11 October 2013 - 11:52 AM.

Advertisements

Tinkertown

Tinkertown

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I am pretty sure that specific error code means the optical drive has failed. It is best to replace it.

I guess if you wanted to double check, you could perform a fresh install of the OS (from external HDD). If the error still occurs (which i'm confident it will) you can rule out any software issues.

Tinkertown

Tinkertown

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I am pretty sure that specific error code means the optical drive has failed. It is best to replace it.

I guess if you wanted to double check, you could perform a fresh install of the OS (from external HDD). If the error still occurs (which i'm confident it will) you can rule out any software issues.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,148 posts

I have an Inspiron 1525. When I turn on the computer it goes to the safe mode options screen. No matter what option I choose it loads to a black screen with the white arrow. The mouse will move the arrow around but there is nothing else. I have run a pre-boot system assessment build 4108 (I don't know if that info matters). I did get one error code for the optical drive (code 2000-0147) but so far nothing else. I am not sure at this point if this is a hardware or software issue or where to go from here. Any ideas?

Hi Tania :welcome:

By any chance you have this two programs installed?
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Online Armor

Can you tell us the Windows you have installed?