Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Google&Firefox don't show "Add to basket " button

• Please log in to reply

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
When you go to the advanced tab of Internet Options you should see this... or something close. Select the high lighted ite madn follow the steps.
Posted Image

Advertisements

RonS2

RonS2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
STEP SIX

Reoriented INTERNEt OPTIONS successfully.

Re-Ran the same dummy purchase and got the same result. - The box appeared but the 'Add to Basket' was not displayed though it could be seen when hovering over the right spot.

RonS2

RonS2

RonS2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hi PhrantiQ

I used Control Panel DEFAULT to change from Firefox to ChromeGoogle and ran the same buying procedure.

SUCCESS - the ADD TO BASKET was there !! It worked too for an AMAZON purchase.

Back to Firefox - No joy still .

Windows Explorer does not come up in the list of DEFAULT programs.

Should I be downloading it ? and trying it ?

RonS2

Edited by RonS2, 20 October 2013 - 03:22 AM.

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
Windows Explorer is your 'explorer.exe' that is running. It's part of windows, without it you have almost nothing for a GUI (graphic user interface). So you're all set and shouldn't have to download it. As for this icon, not sure why your FireFox would still be rejecting it but try getting the add-on of ClearConsole which can be found HERE. Then click on the newly added icon and select Clear All And Restart.

RonS2

RonS2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
HI
you are going to have to be a lot more specific with your instructions for the Clear Console.

I've managed to download it and to extract the files (needed to search for 7-Zip or similar to extract from XTI extension) but none of the files thus disclosed gets me any nearer to running the program. I cannot find any extewnsion such as .exe to get me further along the road.

I am assuming that Firefox stays as default (which may be a reason why I can't see ahead if it is generating invisible buttons).

I would appreciate a step by step description of what you want me to do, bearing in mind that I do not have much experience of computing tools such as clear console.

Being in different time zones is not very helpful for continuity. It will be at least another 7 hours before I go to bed.

Thanks in anticipation.

RonS2

Edited by RonS2, 20 October 2013 - 08:56 AM.

RonS2

RonS2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hi

Am now being pestered by a pop-up which appears at about minute intervals in the middle of whatever screen you are watching.

Could this have been generated by my poking around in Clear Console ?

Comes in the form of a box in the centre of screen.

Heading is CLEAR ALL HISTORY

Options EVERYTHING / LAST HOUR /LAST TWO HOURS / LAST FOUR HOURS / TODAY

2ND Options BROWSING & DOWNLOADING HISTORY
COOKIES
CACHE
ACTIVE LOGINS
OFFLINE WEBSITE DATA
SITE PREFERENCE

It carries a warning that deletion is permanent and offers choice of two buttons only :- CLEAR & CANCEL

RonS2 Northampton U.K 17:23 hrs 20/10/21013

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
Remove the add on and see, it doesn't do that for me.

RonS2

RonS2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hi

ADD ON removed 15 minutes ago have not seen pop-up since then.

RonS2

RonS2

RonS2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Looks as though it's time to put this item completely to bed. No action for four days.

Hope you are well PHRANTIQ and many thanks for your help. I learned a lot from your comments and suggestions.

Thanks to all.

Will just have to stay away from Firefox ! !

RonS2