Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" WIN 7

• Please log in to reply

Tor Nilsson

Tor Nilsson

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi!
I'm getting fairly regular Blue Screens about 30-40 mins after startup. Just formatted my computer today and that's when it started.
Running Windows 7 on a HP HDX 16 1350EO notebook and the Blue Screens don't seem to mention any driver issues so I don't know where to start.
Please help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope:-)

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Hello Tor Nilsson

If you are not getting any error messages try disabling the auto restart http://pcsupport.abo...t-windows-7.htm and let us know what happens.

Tor Nilsson

Tor Nilsson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thanks for answering, solver it myself though:-)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
You are welcome :thumbsup:

Can you tell us how you resolved the issue as the information may help others with the same or a similar issue.

Tor Nilsson

Tor Nilsson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Pretty silly really, seems that somewhere among the plethora of windows 7 updates required after formatting there was something that stabilized the system somewhat.

I think it may have been connected to playing videos in VLC. I believe the problem still remains in a new form where only VLC crashes when playing hi-def content with h264 encoding seems to be an issue for others aswell though. Workin' on it;-)

Edited by Tor Nilsson, 15 October 2013 - 09:54 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Thanks Tor Nilsson :thumbsup:

Let us know if you fully resolve the issue or if you would like us to take a look at the possible causes.