Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hibernation + Windows Explorer + Boot Screen Updater Problems

• Please log in to reply

anon232

anon232

• Pip
  • 1 posts
System Configuration:-
Sony VAIO F15219 + Dual Boot OS (Windows 7 SP1 64-bit+ Linux Mint 15)

Problems:-
1. Although I have all the latest drivers installed in windows 7 alongwith all the required Sony's utility software,I simply cannot hibernate.
I have tried
a)powercfg -h to manually turn on the hibernation which work well as I can see the newly created hibernation file
b)powercfg -devicequery wake_armed to see if any devices are waking up my laptop during hibernation of which there are none.
c)Hybrid sleep is disabled
d)powercfg -energy Report Energy Report
Funny thing is hibernation works perfectly in Linux Mint.
Short of reinstalling windows what can I do?

2. Windows explorer is acting weirdly.Whenever I'm running a bandwidth monitor application or a battery meter which runs in background but visible on the taskbar,they stop responding completely after 2-3 hours.
So I ran sfc /scannow command which says that it has found some errors but unable to fix them.
Log ReportAttached File  CBS.log   1.27MB   139 downloads: Attached
What should I do?

3.I'm unable to windows 7 boot updater s/w for changing my boot screen.The process appears briefly on task manger and then disappears.
In the past I've succesfully used the s/w on both 32-bit and 64-bit windows 7 with no problems.
So what can be done?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
:welcome: anon232

You sometimes need to run SFC 3 or 4 times for it to complete any necessary repairs, how many times have you run SFC and were you at any time asked to insert the Windows 7 DVD.

What type of Windows 7 disk do you have as in a full retail, OEM, downloaded ISO, a burned copy or a back up disk that you have created yourself.

You may be able to use your Windows 7 DVD to do a repair installation if running SFC 3/4 times has/does not resolve the issue/s.