Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screen Saver Inop

• Please log in to reply

WilliamP

WilliamP

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
I just recently had to reload Windows 7 64 bit. At first the screen saver worked. Now, after downloading all the updates it won't work.How can I remedy the situation?

Advertisements

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
What do you mean 'wont work'. Can you be more specific? Also please try and run a quick SFC in the step listed below and post back with the results.  
STEP ONE: SFC Run
  • I'd like you to start a System File Check (SFC). This is a built in system tool that Microsoft has for checking the current file systems out and making any necessary repairs. To do this, you will need to open up an Elevated Command Prompt, which you can do by following these easy steps:
  • Open your Start Menu
  • Select All Programs
  • Then select Accessories
  • 'Right Click' on Command Prompt
  • Select Run as administrator from the Context Menu
Now you should see the Command Prompt window open at this time, which I need you to type the exact text found below in the code box hitting your 'ENTER' key after you finish typing it.
SFC /SCANNOW > "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\SFC Results.txt"
This may take a while, so please try not to interrupt it or use the PC as much as possible while it runs. Once it is done, it will go back to the original line of text you saw. At that point, I need you to look on your desktop for the text file named "SFC Results.txt". Please copy and paste that into another reply, in which then we can review.

WilliamP

WilliamP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
I found out that it was my wireless mouse. I unplugged the receiver and it worked. So I tried a different one with a mini receiver and all is ok now. Thank you.

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
Alright, good to know you got it resolved.