Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Awful Battery life on New Ultrabook

• Please log in to reply

Lhoyd1

Lhoyd1

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hi All!
Got a weird question here that I can't find any info about
I've just bought a Samsung 13.3" 530U3B-A01 Ultrabook
Its last years model running Win 7 but is new in all respects, box had not been opened.
Samsung claims a 6-7 hour battery life, yet the best I can manage is 3.10 hours with wifi off, bluetooth off, screen dimmed etc
Looking at the battery (see attached pic), it's had no wear on it. So the only explenation (to me) is that something is draining power at an abnormal rate
Samsung easy settings reports power uses of up 20w, which explains (to me) why the battery is draining, but what is the cause
The vendor has offered to send a new battery but 1. I don't think its the battery and 2. Its not user replaceable anyway!
Any ideas?
Thank you in advance!
Lhoyd
battery.jpg

Advertisements

Brazened

Brazened

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Does your laptop have a CD/DVD drive? Left a disc in it?

Lhoyd1

Lhoyd1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Does your laptop have a CD/DVD drive? Left a disc in it?

No...it has not got a DVD drive

I'm wondering if there is some kind of program that would monitor power consumption?