Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Partial windows 7 freeze

• Please log in to reply

Grompf

Grompf

• Pip
  • 1 posts
my Windows seven freezes up the mouse moves ,,, i can move the open panels around (but can't open new ones) ,, ventrilo still runs ... video movies still play but any applications i have running "gray out" and i cant reboot ... ctrl+alt+del seems to free it up but still takes 30 sec to a minute to do so ... which is slightly faster then it normally takes to unfreeze , windows is fully patched ... has latest video drivers. I had a storage hard drive that was a bit buggy i removed it ... no change . this problem can happen when there is low load to CPU ... it seems to me to be a windows problem but this has happened before, and reinstall of windows 7 didn't help. GPU , CPU temps are all in the 35-45 C range. 800 watt power supply (and load doesn't seem to matter). No malware found found with" malware bytes"

any help would be appreciated

OTL logfile created on: 10/18/2013 12:27:52 PM - Run 1
OTL by OldTimer - Version 3.2.69.0 Folder = C:\Users\DrDemento\Downloads
64bit- Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (Version = 6.1.7601) - Type = NTWorkstation
Internet Explorer (Version = 9.10.9200.16721)
Locale: 00000409 | Country: United States | Language: ENU | Date Format: M/d/yyyy

8.00 Gb Total Physical Memory | 5.50 Gb Available Physical Memory | 68.75% Memory free
16.00 Gb Paging File | 13.16 Gb Available in Paging File | 82.24% Paging File free
Paging file location(s): ?:\pagefile.sys [binary data]

%SystemDrive% = C: | %SystemRoot% = C:\Windows | %ProgramFiles% = C:\Program Files (x86)
Drive C: | 139.64 Gb Total Space | 65.90 Gb Free Space | 47.20% Space Free | Partition Type: NTFS
Drive E: | 4.38 Gb Total Space | 4.38 Gb Free Space | 99.88% Space Free | Partition Type: UDF
Drive G: | 2794.39 Gb Total Space | 1886.50 Gb Free Space | 67.51% Space Free | Partition Type: NTFS

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
I would post this in Security-virus,spyware and maleware removal forum.Let a Malware expert help you just to rule out a virus. I know malewarebytes is good program,but not one program finds all,this is just to be sure.

Edited by jds63, 18 October 2013 - 05:28 PM.