Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

unable to open word 2003 directly

• Please log in to reply

thebiologist

thebiologist

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
I am using vista. I have trial version of word 2007 and full version of word 2003. Whenever I try to open a word file which is in 2003 version, It opens in 2007 version where I cannot do editions.

Advertisements

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
This is because the Microsoft Office suites are set to open with one pre-determined package by default, with the default setup as the latest version. To change this you can right click on the file and choose open with, then choose the default program option. Then path out to your Word from 2003 you want and click OK. This will change it to always open this way. You can also do this through the Default Programs options in your control panel, by saying .DOC files open in 2003 and .DOCX files opening in 2007.

Hope this helps !

thebiologist

thebiologist

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
as per your instructions i tried to change the settings but it have winword.exe instead of word2003