Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Would these components all work together?

• Please log in to reply

willdabeast

willdabeast

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Any suggestions on how I can improve the list or possibly substitute better components, while still maintaining about the same price would be much appreciated! :thumbsup: :help:

also, Im looking to do some gaming, so any additions please take that into account :)

Sentey Cobra Plus Extreme Division Tower Case

MSI 970A-G46 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

ASUS GT640-2GD3 GeForce GT 640 2GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

XION AXP-700K14XE 700W ATX SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80+ Bronze Modular Power Supply

AMD FX-6300 Vishera 3.5GHz (4.1GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W Six-Core Desktop Processor

G.SKILL NS 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive

ASUS Black SATA DVD-ROM Drive

These parts will all be purchased online, but the country that i live in is the US, if that helps

Edited by willdabeast, 20 October 2013 - 08:56 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
:welcome: willdabeast

Not a bad list of parts but I would change the following;

The video card for one that is 256-bit as you will get better video quality.

The brand of PSU, stick with a proven brand such as Antec, Corsair, OCZ or Seasonic.

The Ram, upgrade to 2 X 4GB sticks if your budget will allow it as this will improve all round performance.

You have not list an OS such as Windows 7 64-bit, what will you you be using.

willdabeast

willdabeast

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks so much! i will take all of your suggestions into consideration!!

willdabeast

willdabeast

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Would this PSU and GPU work instead of the original listed components??

CORSAIR HX series HX650 650W Power Supply

PowerColor PCS+ AX7850 2GBD5-2DHPP Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Great PSU but over and above what you need and quite expensive.

Good GPU but with the cash saved from only purchasing a PSU that you need you could look at other GPU options.

In what country will the parts be purchased, we will see what we can find online for you.

Tip:
If you have something to add while waiting for a reply use the edit tab – bottom right of the dialogue input box and this will ensure that no information that you provide is overlooked (this can happen if your topic has more than one page).

willdabeast

willdabeast

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Great PSU but over and above what you need and quite expensive.

Good GPU but with the cash saved from only purchasing a PSU that you need you could look at other GPU options.

In what country will the parts be purchased, we will see what we can find online for you.

Tip:
If you have something to add while waiting for a reply use the edit tab – bottom right of the dialogue input box and this will ensure that no information that you provide is overlooked (this can happen if your topic has more than one page).

What PSU would you suggest? i thought that i would need a bigger PSU if i was ever going to upgrade components.

PS. I love in the USA, but the parts will be purchased online. probably from newegg.com

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
It depends on what you intend to upgrade in the future as to the PSU you should obtain now, for the present video card 500W is plenty but if you can get a more powerful PSU for the same cost it makes sense to take advantage, a PSU that more than covers your requirement Here and the best card that I could find for you Here

willdabeast

willdabeast

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
what about this for ram? Team Dark Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (Blue Heat Spreader) Model TDBD38G1600HC9DC01

does brand matter?? reviews seemed good on it.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Sorry never heard of it so cannot give an informed answer, Ram benchmarksHere put the brand way down the ranks :(