Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Compaq restore on xp

• Please log in to reply

cotoni90

cotoni90

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello everyone
I have a compaq presario sr1403wm desktop that I am trying to do a factory restore on. I have read things online that say f10 f11 and that there is already a factory partition so you do not need a disk which I do not have. Can someone please help and point me in the right direction any help will be amazing thank you!!!!

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Post a screenshot of a full screen Disk Management window:

To open Disk Management, press the Windows key (next to left Ctrl key) +r, type diskmgmt.msc and press Enter or click GO..

XP: CAPTURE - How to capture screen images (screen shots), Windows Made Easy

Use the Browse and Attach This File buttons below the text input area while using the Full editor to upload and insert here.

That will show whether you have a Recovery partition or not.

cotoni90

cotoni90

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
here is what comes up when i do the key stroke and command that you asked for.

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled.JPG

cotoni90

cotoni90

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Bump

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
I don't live here, I volunteer and have a real life, so you need to be patient.

You do not have a recovery Partition so you will need a XP install CD or a manufacturers recovery disc.

The manufacturers recovery disc is probably cheaper and cana still be purchased here: RecoveryDiscs.com. I purchased 4-5 from them and never had a problem.

cotoni90

cotoni90

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
No disrespect or anything but that bump was for a reply in general unless you are the only one to work the xp section forum. This site has completely changed since the last time I used it (negatively) so I will go else where with questions but do appreciate your time and help. Thank you

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
I was not trying to offend you, just pointing out that we're all volunteers. You waited about 3 hours then bumped your topic so I thought it would be a good idea (obviously not from your point of view, sorry) to remind you of the volunteer status here, or any help site actually.

I did answer your question and provided a way to do what you want. Hope it helped.

Take care.