Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP opens and reopens again... [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

now I restarted and I get the same result

Ok, Let's run the test outside windows...

• download the ISO file SeaToolsDOS223ALL.ISO it's a small file that you need to burn to a CD-R or a CD-RW
  • on your burning program use the option to burn from image, the file need to be burned as Image and not simply copied to the disk

If you have doubts how to this please tell me the burning program(s) you have installed so I can search for instructions how to do it.

Advertisements

Jo21a

Jo21a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Hi,
I will be absent till Monday, so I'll can't go ahead with these tests till then.
I let you know once it is done.
Thank you again for your help !
Jo

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

Hi,
I will be absent till Monday, so I'll can't go ahead with these tests till then.
I let you know once it is done.
Thank you again for your help !
Jo

Ok, I will be around.

Jo21a

Jo21a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
I have burnt the CD as image. Must I shut down and reboot from the CD ? How must I do the test without Windows ?

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

I have burnt the CD as image. Must I shut down and reboot from the CD ? How must I do the test without Windows ?

Hi Jo,

Boot from the CD and let it load the SeaTools for Dos from the Basic Tests menu run the two tests Short Test and Long Test.

Jo21a

Jo21a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
When I have done a boot from the CD it has lead to a dos window waiting for a command (D:>...)

Jo21a

Jo21a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

When I have done a boot from the CD it has lead to a dos window waiting for a command (D:>...)

seems like if it has not detected the drives (was the message in windows, correct ?)

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

seems like if it has not detected the drives (was the message in windows, correct ?)

Strange it should load the program automatically eventually it could show an empty window if it fail to detect the HDD.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts
If I'm not mistaken the machine is an HP Desktop? can you post the exact model you have?

Jo21a

Jo21a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
it is a MEDION. Do you need more than that ?

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

it is a MEDION. Do you need more than that ?

Yes please. I need the Brand and exact Model usually on a sticker on the machine.

Do you remember if there are any diagnostic options on the BIOS or if during boot there is any indication of a key to access Diagnostic tools?

Jo21a

Jo21a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Is it the Product key that you need ? it starts with .. and other figures and letters, but it looks like a licence code so I am not sure I can write it down here...

Edited by CompCav, 12 November 2013 - 04:38 PM.
edited out key start

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

Is it the Product key that you need ? it starts with ... and other figures and letters, but it looks like a licence code so I am not sure I can write it down here...

No, You should have the model information.

Edit: Please edit you last post and remove the key start.

Edited by SleepyDude, 12 November 2013 - 04:23 PM.

Jo21a

Jo21a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
It is a Medion X11. There are 2 stickers on the PC, one at the back -> X11-45374; one on the top -> X11-71313...
Hope this is the good reference now.
Jo

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

It is a Medion X11. There are 2 stickers on the PC, one at the back -> X11-45374; one on the top -> X11-71313...
Hope this is the good reference now.
Jo

Hi,

Can you confirm if the information on this page apply to your computer and can you get the MSN number they talk about?