Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win 8 can't find Wbadmin WindowsImageBackup folder

• Please log in to reply

Gman2646

Gman2646

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Howdy,
I will try and make this brief and to the point. I have a Dell Inspiron 530 Desktop with the original 320 gig hd had 4 OS's on it: Win 8, Win 7 and Linux: Moon and Ubuntu. Tried to switch out Moon with FreeBSD and in doing that hosed up my MBR. Grub 1.99 was the main boot loader. Used Win 8 Installation disk in order to repair mbr. As you probably already know that did not work. Wasn't versed on FreeBSD intricate functionality and no doubtingly hosed my mbr in the process. Good news is before any of that was started I used Power Shell/WBAdmin to create a windows Image Backup of the complete C: drive. Once again used the Win 8 installation disk to try and restore it but system restore can't find it. Also in the Dell is a second 500 gig hd (internal) partitioned as well also with the Windows Image Backup . Not 100 % sure but the I believe original backup was sent to a Dell 500 gig external which is not being seen either. Was hopeing to just restore the back up and not have to rebuild the hd with all the OS's that be a real pain in the [bleep]. I know it's always about the path being an old Dos/Dos shell guy. But it's not that simple any more.

Blockhead :confused: :angry:

Advertisements