Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Web Design Company Name Ideas

• Please log in to reply

Spottedleaf3000

Spottedleaf3000

• Pip
  • 5 posts
So I wanna start a small web design business..Can y'all vote on names! 10 points to you if you do! :laughing: :heart: :happy: :cool: :whistling: :geek: :spoton: :D :rockon: :help: :cheers: :thumbsup:

Here's my ideas, feel free to add more.

Stormy Lime Web Design
The Pink Badger
Happy Turtle Web Design
Blue Scarf Web Design
Tiny Tiger Web Design
The Content Mouse Web Design Company
Happy Cake Web Design
Pink Panda Web Design
The Intelligent Zebra Web Design Company
The Tiny Pear Web Design Company Design

To vote please copy/paste my list and add a smiley face by the name you like!
Thanks,
Spotty

Advertisements

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Might help you decide:

Choosing a Domain Name:

Choosing a good domain name for your website can be tough. However, with a few tips and tricks up your sleeve, you can find a great domain name for your site today. This article gets you started: http://www.elated.co...-a-domain-name/

15 Tools For Finding a Perfect Domain Name: http://slodive.com/d...ct-domain-name/

Babbzzz

Babbzzz

Writing Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
Why not Spotted Leaf Designs?

approveme

approveme

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Keywords is somewhat of a misnomer, since when we say keywords we're actually talking about multi-word phrases.

You may want to put some thought into the keywords you want to target. Yes, I've said ad nauseum that you should just focus on building a good website and not worry about the SEO. That's true, but you can cross that line just a little bit by thinking about what phrases you hope your page will match for when creating that page.

amandajoan2

amandajoan2

• Pip
  • 4 posts

I am not putting a new name here, but I suggest to keep small names for your company/ site, that users can remember simply.

atifn79

atifn79

• Pip
  • 6 posts

The trend at the moment for design agencies is just a short sharp memorable word like...

Cloud
Wave
Sharp
Deep
Fuse
Toast

etc.

tyagi1450

tyagi1450

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Looking for a COOL - Web Design Company Name.

Think hip, trendy, alternative, cool, sparky, fun, powerful.

sethandrews

sethandrews

• Pip
  • 4 posts

If you use a long business name, try and find a good shorter domain name for the business that's not a pain for customers to type (or to remember).

For customers who search, most of the time they will probably remember a word or two and Google you up.  The first time they search they might browse a few sites and bookmark a few, sometimes not.  So it's a good idea to have a memorable name, but shorter names are generally better.  If you have a long business name, try to make an interesting acronym out of it. Or if you have a name like Happy Turtle Web Design, be sure you can register happyturtle (.com/.something, avoid the new TLDs for now).  Even a hyphen in the domain name is better than nothing, so if you find somebody squatting on happyturtle dot something, doing not much with it at the moment (if anything), add a hyphen like happy-turtle and use that.

No need to try and game Google here, not that it's an easy task, just make it plain that you're in Web design, try not to wander off topic, keep your keywords reasonably close together in paragraphs describing the business, have standard pages like "About Us", "Contact", portfolio or examples, and boost your rank a little by forcing https (SSL/TLS) connections.  There are good free SSL certs you can request, for example startssl.com.

If you host in the cloud yourself, e.g. with AWS or Azure (quite easy to pick a Web site configuration pre-rolled from here), you may like to add a little protection for DNS and traffic with CloudFlare and request a free SSL cert from them.  GoDaddy have cheap SSL certificates if you want a cheap EV SSL (not necessary to begin with, just domain validation is fine), although to get a good grade (e.g. check with ssllabs.com) you have to configure the server to junk weak ciphers and disallow downgrading the cipher and/or protocol (e.g. to SSL from TLS).

I haven't voted or suggested a name, since you should pick the one you like.  Your business, your name, your rules. :)

Once an interviewer suggested that The Beatles were so successful because they were called The Beatles, and what was in that name anyway?  Both John and Paul responded that it's a name for something, like shoe. Paul agreed, saying they could have been called The Shoes.  Doesn't matter that much.  Be good at what you do and if you can't play in the biggest market, choose a niche market and try to cover it as well as possible.  Reputation is vitally important for small business.  Other small businesses are likely to talk.

I hope to have helped in a small way by suggesting more careful thought beforehand to help get up and moving more quickly and easily.  Most small businesses will fail, and it's good to do a bit of research, check out your competition, etc.  I know it's obvious and the basic stats are out there everywhere, but it is an important step.  Then you can remove sheer luck and other uncountable/unknown bits from the equation to improve your chances of success.

So, Pink Pander or Happy Turtle or something else?  Anything, so long as it represents something and does it well. All the best!

contactbrainfetch

contactbrainfetch

• Pip
  • 1 posts

i think choosing domain name is not a difficult task, i can suggest you to keep your domain name with keyword specific.

StephanieM

StephanieM

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Notice that most of the greatest and most successful companies only have five to ten letter names for their businesses – these having at least a single consonant, plus a ton of repeating letters.

It's all related with psychology :)

Studio Azura

Edited by StephanieM, 13 October 2017 - 04:58 PM.