The FL Studio drum packs file that ESET found is a .zip file (Plogue Chipsounds.zip). That is a compressed file that when downloaded contains other files. The .zip compression just allows the download to be smaller and thus take less time. Once it is downloaded you have to extract or unzip the file to be able to use the other files in it. The .zip files can't hurt the machine as long as they are zipped. We can leave them. They aren't malicious, we just get curious when we see a hack file on the system.
The Adobe Photoshop file is on the H drive. Do you run Photoshop from the H drive or the C drive. The keygen.exe file is a file to create a key to illegally activate the program. It isn't malicious in the sense of infecting the computer. Since you bought the computer with the cracked program already installed , and didn't download and install the cracked program, I will leave the decision up to you.
Let's get rid of the other file that ESET found and work on those missing services / registry keys.Step-1. OTL FixBe advised that when the fix commences it will shut down all running processes and you may lose the desktop and icons, they will return on reboot 1.
Please copy all of the text in the quote box below (Do Not
copy the word Quote
. To do this, highlight everything
inside the quote box (except the word Quote
) , right click and click Copy.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ss.Helper\uninstall.exe
This fix is relevant for this system and no other. If you are not this user, DO NOT follow these directions
as they could damage the workings of your system.2.
on your desktop. To do that:
- Vista and 7 users: Right click the icon and click Run as Administrator
Place the mouse pointer inside the
textbox, right click and click Paste
. This will put the above script inside the textbox.4.
button.5. Let the program run unhindered.6. OTL may ask to reboot the machine. Please do so if asked.7.
A report will open. Copy
that report in your next reply.9.
If the machine reboots, the log will be located at C:\_OTL\MovedFiles\mmddyyyy_hhmmss.log
, (where mmddyyyy_hhmmss is the date of the tool run
).Step-2.ESET Service Repair
- Download Service Repair (from Eset) and save to your Desktop.
- Double click the icon to run the program. If you are using User Access Control, click Run when prompted and then click Yes when asked to allow changes.
- Click the Yes button to start the Services Repairs
- Follow the prompts to repair the services. Once the ServicesRepair utility finishes running click Yes to restart your computer.
- The tool will create a folder called CC Support in the same directory (your desktop) the tool is run. Send me the CC Support\Logs\SvcRepair.txt in your next reply.
Run the Farbar Service Scanner again using the instructions in Step 3 of post #21
and post the FSS.txt in your next reply.Step-4.Things For Your Next Post:Please post the logs in the order requested. Do Not
attach the logs unless I request it.1.
The OTL fixes log2.
The SvcRepair.txt log3.
Teh FSS.txt log