Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Another Build (I may be addicted)

• Please log in to reply

Webslinger64

Webslinger64

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Gday.
I refer to this site occasionally, > http://www.hardware....mposants-8.html As noted, producing one bad model can really adversely affect your placement in a chart.
Would be interesting if someone did the math, average chance of each component in a build, then totalled to give the fail rate of a build, we might then decide to play with Lego.

I'd be interested in this read as well, but alas French is not my forte.

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,758 posts

Hmm... is there an English version of that site?

Not an actual page in English, depending on which browser you use, Chrome can do it automatically, translating to your native tongue on any page you land on, (has a bit of a job with Mandarin) think the same with Firefox, IE needs a third party extension.

Webslinger64

Webslinger64

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Hmm... is there an English version of that site?

Not an actual page in English, depending on which browser you use, Chrome can do it automatically, translating to your native tongue on any page you land on, (has a bit of a job with Mandarin) think the same with Firefox, IE needs a third party extension.

I'll give it a try then:-)

Brazened

Brazened

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Huh, I'm using IE and Firefox didn't work out for me though I used it in the past with good results but not this time. I guess I'll give Chrome a shot. :thumbsup:

Ok, got Chrome. Not bad. Now the site and translated, threw me off. Seasonic PSUs on the bottom of the ratings? Hard to believe. My research showed them to be one of the best.

EDIT: Ok, I realized it's a European site and while I deal with the USA sites I see some conflicts in ratings. In a way you are right and I am right. Weird hey?

Edited by Brazened, 27 October 2013 - 07:34 PM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,758 posts
One model give Seasonic a poorer rating, 3.31% Seasonic S12II-520
Even though it it for European returns, I don't think manufacturers produce a specific USA model, (PSU) or for me, a OZ one, So still think a good indicator.

Brazened

Brazened

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Mine's the same except it's the modular model. Works fine, go figure.

By the way, here's the system of mine:

Intel i5-3570 CPU
Gigabyte GA-B75M-HD3 motherboard
2x4 Corsair Vengeance memory
Sapphire Radeon HD6670 video card
Seagate Constellation 1 TB hard drive
Asus 24x DVD-RW drive.
Seasonic M12II-520 Bronze PSU
Asus VS239H-P 23" IPS monitor

I did a lot of researches and talked to users and builders as well as reviews online in making my decisions. I did all this in January but I had an i3-2105 running in it til I got this i5-3570 a few weeks ago. Up to now everything was rock solid, no errors ever and a charm to install. Oh yeah, I got a Xigmatek cube case which is quite roomy and very efficient cooling.

EDIT: I just realized there's a difference between the European and the American. They're made the same yes but they run on 220V while we run ours on 110V. That could make a difference there.

Edited by Brazened, 27 October 2013 - 08:36 PM.

ArionIV

ArionIV

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
I haven't bought MB yet but the MSI I'm looking out for is again Z77. Would i be good or should I go for the Biostar or Asrock?

I must say the Biostar looks nothing like anything I have ever looked at. The msi looks cute in comparison.
MSI ZH77A-G43 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard