Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ripping a CD

• Please log in to reply

UriB

UriB

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
I built an HTPC and for starter I decided to use Windows Media Center (WMC).
I use WIN7 Ultimate 64bits and I have an SSD as drive C: for the OP SYS and APP and a large HDD as drive D: for the data.
I relocated My Music, My Videos, My Pictures, etc. directories to drive D: and I tried to rip couple of CD's using 2 free ripping programs: (1)Fairstar CD Ripper (2) Free Rip MP3 Converter
Both are ripping to WAV format (I tried MP3 just to see if there is any difference but I had the same results)
The problems I encountered are as follows:
1. When I rip the first CD WMC recognize it and shows the album art but when I rip the second CD all album arts disappeared and I see only an unidentified album with all tracks (of both albums) combined
2. After deleting the ripped music I tried again, this time WMC did not see the album. I had to dis-select the D:\Music directory, close WMC, open it again, re-select D:\Music directory and then I can see the album, but with no album art.
3. If I click on a song (which was ripped to the HDD) it will play on the Windows Media Player, again with no album art.

It looks like there is some kind of and indexing data base of sort, but I have no idea why it gets corrupted.
I also tried to use XBMC instead of WMC with the same results

As it stand now, I do not know how to proceed.

Any ideas will be highly appreciated?
Thanks in advance
Uri

Advertisements