Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Not Shutting Down

• Please log in to reply

kelltech

kelltech

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Hello, I am experiencing a problem extremely similar to this one: http://www.geekstogo...own-completely/

During shutdown, my laptop will sit at the blue screen that says "Windows is shutting down" with the spinning icon indefinitely or until I force it to power off. It does not do this every time I shut down, but it does occur frequently and seems to be increasing.

I would like to ask for help, is there a way to identify any particular programs that may be causing this?

Any help and advice is appreciated. I know it can't be good to frequently force shutdowns.

LAPTOP:
Asus K52JC
Win 7 64 bit
Intel i5
8gb RAM

HDD is 500gb and is not partitioned, there is 207gb free of 446gb available.
I have never reinstalled Windows, have used the laptop for almost 2 years.

Edited by kelltech, 29 October 2013 - 03:41 AM.

Advertisements

Dave46

Dave46

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
Just before you shut down you can open Windows Task Manager to see what programs and processes are running. I have this problem sometimes when
a program is downloading an update in the background.