Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer needs constant rebooting, issues... [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Faithsa

Faithsa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
It eventually runs but it's sluggish and I have to click no 5-8 times.

Advertisements

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,886 posts
Ok, go ahead and uninstall Secunia and try FileHippo.

Faithsa

Faithsa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
when I try to update Flash Player 12.0.0.3 Beta (IE) it takes me here: http://labs.adobe.co...lashplayer.html what on earth do I click on ? lol

When I try to update Icon Flash Player 12.0.0.3 Beta (Non-IE) it takes me to the same place. Same question lol

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,886 posts

when I try to update Flash Player 12.0.0.3 Beta (IE) it takes me here: http://labs.adobe.co...lashplayer.html what on earth do I click on ? lol

When I try to update Icon Flash Player 12.0.0.3 Beta (Non-IE) it takes me to the same place. Same question lol

Ah, that's my mistake. I usually do not update a program that's in Beta stage. The only ones I update are the ones listed above the Betas. :) If you look to the right, you'll see a list of options. You can click the Show Beta Versions and it will go read with an X. That way, it will only show updates that are non betas. :) :thumbsup:

Faithsa

Faithsa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
Awesome thanks. Now there's about 8 things that need updating...

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,886 posts

Awesome thanks. Now there's about 8 things that need updating...

You're very welcome :) Indeed, that little program is worth it's weight in gold when it comes keeping things up to date. :thumbsup:

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,886 posts
Hello :) Just wanted to check and make sure there are no further issues we need to address. Did the updates go ok?

Faithsa

Faithsa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
I am sorry I was going to check in earlier. I was straight out today. I am still trying to finish all tthe updates. There were a couple I did but it still wanted an update. I will see if I can finish that up sometime tomorrow and post with the progress :). Thank you for checking with me, tomorrow is usually out screen free day. I probably would have forgotten until I got back on Monday.

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,886 posts

I am sorry I was going to check in earlier. I was straight out today. I am still trying to finish all tthe updates. There were a couple I did but it still wanted an update. I will see if I can finish that up sometime tomorrow and post with the progress :). Thank you for checking with me, tomorrow is usually out screen free day. I probably would have forgotten until I got back on Monday.

No need to be sorry :) LIfe comes first, and you are very welcome. I just want to make sure that you're completely happy and the machine is giving you no more issues. No rush at all :) :thumbsup:

Faithsa

Faithsa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
I downloaded avast and chrome became unresponsive and the PC froze. I just rebooted but I'm about to head out for most of the day.

Advertisements

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,886 posts

I downloaded avast and chrome became unresponsive and the PC froze. I just rebooted but I'm about to head out for most of the day.

Ok, when you get the chance, let me know how things are. No rush :)

Faithsa

Faithsa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
ok, so my 'free trial' for malware bites expired. I ran a scan and it found one threat. Do I just tell it to remove it?

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,886 posts
Post the log and let me look at it, please. You probably can, but I would just like to see what the object found is to make sure. :)

Faithsa

Faithsa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75.0.1300
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2013.11.17.02

Windows XP Service Pack 3 x86 NTFS
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702
Owner :: OWNER-5F64AFAA0 [administrator]

11/18/2013 9:17:51 AM
MBAM-log-2013-11-18 (16-31-10).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 230201
Time elapsed: 10 minute(s), 48 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 1
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\4DQURQEJ\stubinst_pkg_en-eu[1].cab (PUP.Optional.OpenCandy) -> No action taken.

(end)

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,886 posts
You can go ahead and delete that. :) Any further problems we need to deal with?