Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio crackling and video lagging

• Please log in to reply

Brazened

Brazened

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Do you have the option of turning off the HD sound? I remember when I put in my new motherboard I used the onboard sound. I had crackling in the sound so I went into the BIOS and turned off the HD sound and it went away.

I found this but you probably did too.

http://us.msi.com/pr...=Driver&os=Win7 32

Advertisements

yesiammanu

yesiammanu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Not sure if it helps in the diagnosis but when I start up a youtube video the audio stuttering becomes really bad (attached below), or if I open up a netflix video. It seems to be okay, only periodical when I start up my computer and progressively get worse over a day or two until I'm forced to restart. It particularly lags the audio when I scroll down and up pages as well.

Because of the issues I'm facing, instead of installing this motherboard firmware on my old motherboard I've went ahead and purchased a new motherboard ( http://www.newegg.co...13130645&cm_sp= ). The processor isn't compatible so I'm going to pick a new one as well. If this still does not fix the issue I will RMA within a week or so. I'm also going to try that HD Audio BIOS Option. Thanks for your help so far

Attached Thumbnails

• youtube.png

Edited by yesiammanu, 08 November 2013 - 08:04 PM.

Brazened

Brazened

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Ok, keep us posted.

yesiammanu

yesiammanu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
I tried disabling the HD Audio and random programs began crashing such as skype, steam, java and windows explorer (no error message, just says X has stopped working). Youtube videos just do not load at all now (java error). I tried re-enabling it in BIOS but now the problem persists even through restarts. I'm really confused as to why I'm having these computer problems. I thought ah-ha! It must be the ram or disk errors that are causing these problems, but I ran diagnostic tools on both and they came out fine so I'm really just at a loss now. Do you think I should just reformat? Or do you think it's my hard drive/ram/something else which will persist?

Sorry to ask so much, I just really cannot pinpoint the cause of these problems at all

Edited by yesiammanu, 10 November 2013 - 03:22 AM.

Brazened

Brazened

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
This is really odd. Disabling the HD function in the BIOS should cause nothing to crash. You are using two video cards right? Can you remove the new one and see if you can get your system back to normal?

I'm really at a loss here but it sound like your problems keeps compounding and I don't know whether it's a defective card or board or bad settings/drivers.

Also there might be incompatibility issues.