Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATi 9200 se freezes my comp

• Please log in to reply

rohit

rohit

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
hi all im new here and i hve a very serious prob

My specs r

amd 2400+
MSi kt4av-L motherboard
Ati radeon 9200 se 128 ddr
512 MB ddr

gotta a weird prob suddenly one day when i was playin counter strike , suddenly a window flashed and gave me a VPU recover error told me to restart i did but frm that day till now i couldnt play ANY i mean ANY game on my pc whenever i try to play ny game after the game loads the pc hangs i hve tried the following things

1. installed and reinstalled the latest ati drivers
2. formatted my hdd
3. chagned agp speed frm 8x to 4x to off no luck

So, guys wat else u can suggest for ur new freind im hrs frm throwin this card plzzz help soon

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can switch off VPU Recover

You can remove the ATI Drivers then go to Windows Update and it should offer a driver for ATI

If this does not run well, re-install from ATI as you could have been unlucky

If you go for the uninstall, after removing the ATI Drivers, get tuneup trial

http://www.tune-up.com

run disc clean up then registry clean up then click optimize to run reg defrag, which takes a few minutes and needs a reboot.

After the reboot, either get a driver from Windows Update or ATI

http://update.micros...t.aspx?ln=en-us

rohit

rohit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
thnx keith .
but i already formatted my hdd reinstalled a fresh copy of ati drivers but still no luck the pc hangs when i try to play any game:(

tim.s

tim.s

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I'm using the same card. What is a VPU recover?

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
VPU Recover is a feature unique to ATI, which saves you from a blue screen of death. When the VGA card stops responding to driver commands, VPU Recover resets the vga card, and turns you back to Windows. This allows you to save your work and safely reboot

If after reinstalling windows and drivers my guess would be the card went kapooy

Rick