Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anybody with experience using backup to recover deleted files, not who

• Please log in to reply

conceptualclarity

conceptualclarity

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Anybody with experience using backup to recover deleted files, not whole system?

Is backup any good for that, for going back to a previous state of one's operating system to recover a limited number of files that are missing? If so, how do you do that?

My only backup right now is My Documents on Google Drive. More on the mess I find myself in at http://www.geekstogo...s-what-do-i-do/

Edited by conceptualclarity, 31 October 2013 - 09:37 PM.

Advertisements

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
Depends on the backup type... For Google Drive you can re-download specific ones and based on your prior post, you should be able ot go online to your Google Drive account and go into your TRASH folder/bin and see the multiple GB's of deleted files there, then restore them or drag them into a new folder you could call RECOVERED. Then it will sync that folder/restored files to your desktop.

lucillie

lucillie

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Is is for a computer or smartphone? If you are using iPhone, then you can easily restore deleted files from iTunes or iCloud. If the files not being deleted in a long time, then you can even recover deleted files from iPhone directly. This tutorial (recover iphone deleted files) provides 3 different way to help you retrieve deleted data from different media storages. You should have a look at that.

Edited by lucillie, 19 January 2016 - 09:40 PM.

Dwaaty

Dwaaty

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Sometimes you can transfer data from iOS to iTunes . But if you want to transfer data from iOS to computer quickly. How to deal it ? I recommend you an easy-to-use iOS transfer tool called Coolmuster iPhone iPad iPod to PC Transfer. This software will help you to backup iOS data with ease.
And if you want to recover iphone data ,you can see it :

http://www.coolmuste...-ipad-ipod.html

Edited by Dwaaty, 10 August 2016 - 07:42 PM.

Yamiltry

Yamiltry

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Is is for a computer or smartphone? If you are using iPhone, then you can easily get deleted files from iTunes or iCloud. If the files not being deleted in a long time, then you can even recover deleted files from iPhone directly. This tutorial provides 3 different way to help you retrieve deleted data from different media storages. You should have a look at that.

Yes , for iPhone user , as long as you have iTunes or iCloud , it is possible to restore data on iPhone 

Edited by Yamiltry, 03 April 2017 - 08:57 AM.

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Hello there!

Just in case you haven't noticed, I thought I would respectfully point out that the original question here was posted w-a-y back in 2013!

Hopefully, conceptualclarity was able to sort out all her back-up problems long, long ago. :)

Have a good day everybody,

Chris. :D

Unaskwer

Unaskwer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

How to extract data from backup files ? if you have iTunes backup files , to extract data from iTunes backup , what you need is a iPhone backup extractor tool , which is able to access your iTunes backup and retrieve data ,

Edited by Unaskwer, 02 August 2017 - 07:14 PM.

Yasilen

Yasilen

• Pip
  • 2 posts

It is hard to backup data , it isn't hard to get back deleted data from backup files ,