Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

General question about browsers

• Please log in to reply

Maggs23_78

Maggs23_78

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Forgive me as I am not that technically savvy; I am hoping someone here can help me. I recently found information posted about myself on one of those "people search" web sites, and I do not want it posted. It shows up in Google search results whether I am using Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer; HOWEVER, the actual content on the web site only shows up in Firefox and Safari. Once you click on the Google search result and go to it in Chrome or Internet Explorer, the content is not on the web site. I did ask the webmaster to remove the content; is it possible that Firefox and Safari would have some sort of delay?? Are they just not as up-to-date as Chrome and IE? I hope this question makes sense. Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Advertisements

JustTrevor

JustTrevor

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I can't really help but I know it can take some time for the search results to not show up on google searches once the webmasters remove them.

Are the pages still actually there? Like if they show up in the search, you click them, is the content actually there or is it something like "this page can't be found"?

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

...is it possible that Firefox and Safari would have some sort of delay??

The pages can be in cache and for some reason the browser show the information already on your PC and not what is really on the site.
I don't know Safari but in Firefox try to open the webpage and then press CTRL + F5 it will force the browser to reload the page ignoring the cache.

Maggs23_78

Maggs23_78

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks...I did the CTRL + F5 thing, but now all it says is "The page isn't redirecting properly. Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete." So I can't see the page at all now. Is there a way to fix this?

Maggs23_78

Maggs23_78

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
And I should note, I even closed out of the browser and went back in, and am still getting the same error. Very confusing.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts
Hi,

Try this, download TFC by OldTimer to your Desktop
  • Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista or above accept the Security Warning).
  • It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

Test again if it continues to do the same maybe the site doesn't like Firefox!

Edited by SleepyDude, 02 November 2013 - 11:50 AM.

Maggs23_78

Maggs23_78

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for your help. I did everything you said, and also cleared cookies/cache (per Firefox's support forum), but the problem is still there. The odd thing is, it is also happening on my husband's computer. Maybe it is something wrong with the site.

Edited by Maggs23_78, 02 November 2013 - 02:58 PM.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

Thanks for your help. I did everything you said, and also cleared cookies/cache (per Firefox's support forum), but the problem is still there. The odd thing is, it is also happening on my husband's computer. Maybe it is something wrong with the site.

Most likely I have seen that behavior on some websites with problems.