Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Youtube Not Working - Flash Issue?

• Please log in to reply

CycloneGU

CycloneGU

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
I apologize if I'm in the wrong spot. Been a while since I've been here as well.

On Thursday morning, my Youtube suddenly decided it didn't want to work any longer. What makes this interesting is that other videos on other sites still work. These other videos do not utilize Flash, and there is no problem. Youtube still works on my phone, too, so I've isolated it to my computer. I've uninstalled Flash and rebooted, and reinstalled Flash. Videos are still not working.

What happens is that a video will sometimes start loading, but not 100% of the time. Short videos, when they load, will work. Longer videos NEVER play fully even when they do load. It also takes a very long time to load any videos.

When I asked a friend to help, from online, I shared my screen and we looked at my Dxdiag. The thing that got my friend's attention: 17 sound tabs. Which I also think is kind of strange. I've saved a log from Dxdiag and have attached it here.

Does anyone have any possible solutions? Anything as a starting point, that is. Is it possibly virus-related (I don't think it is)? Will I need to get my system installation CD and reinstall the drivers? What is the recommended action?

Doing more research, I discovered that SndTAudio (which owns many of the tabs) is Soundtaxi. Which is installed. So perhaps this is not the problem. What can stop Youtube only from working, however?

Attached Files

Edited by CycloneGU, 01 November 2013 - 11:49 PM.

Advertisements