Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Toshiba Satelite Trackpad Not Working

• Please log in to reply

Anarchy

Anarchy

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Hey everyone,

I've been having this issue for quite a long time but my trackpad on my laptop doesn't work. I'm not sure what to do and I've tried quite a few times to fix this.

The Model: Satelite S855-S5378

Thanks

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
Hello Anarchy

To avoid us suggesting things that you may have already tried can you tell us what has already been tried by yourself :thumbsup:

Anarchy

Anarchy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Hi,

I've tried step one on the following link:
http://en.kioskea.ne...-not-responding

And an additional option very similar to that.

I am not able to do a system restore otherwise it'll cause problems of loss of data

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
When you next restart the notebook access the BIOS and ensure that the trackpad is enabled.

Run the application and driver installer from Here

Not sure if the same two keys are used on all Toshiba notebooks but have you tried pressing the Fn and the F9 key down at the same time.

Anarchy

Anarchy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Hi,

I tried doing the above and it didn't work. Any other suggestions?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
Running out of ideas but what I have noticed is that this is not an isolated instance with Toshiba notebooks and with various different models, some are saying that it is a Toshiba issue and some say it is Windows drivers however an awful lot of people are in agreement in saying that the Toshiba supports services have been and still are appalling.

Is the touchpad shown to be enabled in the BIOS (you said you tried the above but not whether it was already enabled or not).
Have you tried rolling back to an earlier driver.

Anarchy

Anarchy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Running out of ideas but what I have noticed is that this is not an isolated instance with Toshiba notebooks and with various different models, some are saying that it is a Toshiba issue and some say it is Windows drivers however an awful lot of people are in agreement in saying that the Toshiba supports services have been and still are appalling.

Is the touchpad shown to be enabled in the BIOS (you said you tried the above but not whether it was already enabled or not).
Have you tried rolling back to an earlier driver.

Hi,

It is enabled in the BIOS. I do not know how to rollback to an earlier driver to be quite honest

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
Try the following please, go into the Device Manager and expand the trackpad/mice entry, you should get a list of options and among them should be uninstall drivers and uninstall device, select both, once both have been uninstalled still in the Device Manager select scan for hardware changes, this to see if the trackpad is detected and then reinstalled.

Anarchy

Anarchy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Try the following please, go into the Device Manager and expand the trackpad entry, you should get a list of options and among them should be uninstall drivers and uninstall device, select both, once both have been uninstalled still in the Device Manager select scan for hardware changes, this to see if the trackpad is detected and then reinstalled.

Posted Image

Where is it :3

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
It is covered by Mice and other pointing devices, check that you have the latest Synaptic drivers Here if you do try uninstalling them and installing one that was released before the date that the issue started.

You can use DriverViewto check what drivers you presently have installed.

Anarchy

Anarchy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Hi,

When trying to uninstall the current synaptics pointer device, it said I need admin powers however, I am Admin.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
Hi Anarchy

Have you tried installing them in Safe Mode.