Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

boot rootkit need help asap,make computer crash

bootkit issue

• Please log in to reply

DR M

DR M

The Grecian Geek

• Malware Removal
  • 4,091 posts

Well, I'm afraid that there is nothing more we can do now. I discussed your situation with my colleague, and now the only thing we can think of is an Avast false positive.

How is the computer running now? You mentioned that without Avast it works better. Is it the paid version of the product? If it's the free one, I would recommend you to uninstall and stay with Microsoft Defender, the built-in Windows antivirus. If it's the paid version, then it's up to you if you would like to uninstall it.

In case you uninstall it, make sure that Defender is enabled, since your latest logs indicate that it is disabled too:

Settings > Privacy and Security > Windows Security > Open Windows Security 

At the Security at a glance window, check if anything is needed so Defender will get enabled. 

Let me know about your thoughts. 

Advertisements

bambidbl

bambidbl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

I dont know how common it is for false positives to be a thing but i m trusting you.I uninstalled avast and put back windows defender on.

Thank you for all the time you gave me for that andi hope you have a great day.It s good to have honest people helping for free.Tysm :)

DR M

DR M

The Grecian Geek

• Malware Removal
  • 4,091 posts

You are very welcome. I wish, we were able to say more, but we can't. Upgrading BIOS is the only solution for an UEFI infection. Since we did that, there is really nothing else to consider.

You can work with the computer for a couple of days and let me know if there are still issues with its functionality.

I'll be here. If everything works fine, I'll give you instructions to remove the tools we used and reset the restore points. 

bambidbl

bambidbl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hello,everything seemed to be fine but I got a crash
Blue screen again even though the computer works fine

DR M

DR M

The Grecian Geek

• Malware Removal
  • 4,091 posts

Hello.

Any specific error when you received the blue screen? 

Also, what were you doing when you got it? 

bambidbl

bambidbl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hello,i think it was unexpected_store_exception,not sure tho.I was playing gta 5

DR M

DR M

The Grecian Geek

• Malware Removal
  • 4,091 posts

OK. Work with the computer for a couple of days, and see how it is going. Note any kind of errors you are getting and when. 

DR M

DR M

The Grecian Geek

• Malware Removal
  • 4,091 posts

Hello.

Do we have any feedback here? 

bambidbl

bambidbl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hello,i crashed again with unexpected_store_exception.exept that nothing is wrong.Any ideas what it is?

Edit:it did it again

Edited by bambidbl, Today, 07:38 AM.

DR M

DR M

The Grecian Geek

• Malware Removal
  • 4,091 posts

Hello.

Since the computer is considered as clean, I would ask you to open a new topic at the Hardware Forum, describing these BSODs you are getting from time to time. Hopefully, you will find a solution to this.

The following tool will remove the tools we used as well as reset system restore points:

Download KpRm by kernel-panik and save it to your desktop.

• Right-click kprm_(version).exe and select Run as Administrator.
  • Read and accept the disclaimer.
  • When the tool opens, ensure all boxes under Actions are checked.
  • Under Delete Quarantines select Delete Now, then click Run.
  • Once complete, click OK.
  • A log will open in Notepad titled kprm-(date).txt.
  • Please copy and paste its contents in your next reply.

Note: If there is a warning about this tool, go on to download it, since it is a false/positive. Choose More info and continue from there.

Advertisements

bambidbl

bambidbl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

hello,here s the log.

Thank you very much for the services you provided me,i ll make sure to tell my friends about you if they get some virus issues.

Have a good day and peace :)

Attached Files