Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mac OS X uninstall

• Please log in to reply

stevigirl5490

stevigirl5490

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Back in 2007 I got a MacBook Pro which came with Mac OS X discs. Last December, I got a new Mac. I was unsure of what the Mac OS X discs were, not remembering how or if I used them back in 2007. Foolishly, I put one in my new computer and clicked on the icon when it appeared on my desktop. It asked if I wanted to install and I clicked the button and now my computer is stuck on a blue screen. Also, the disc will not eject. What should I do?
Thank you in advance!

Advertisements

RatHat

RatHat

Ex Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 7,829 posts
Try this restart the Mac and hold down the Command and R buttons while it starts up. You should then be able to get to the Disk Utility and go through repairing the disk, and repairing permissions.

If you get through that OK, then boot up again in Single User mode. This time hold down Command and S as it starts up. Next go into Terminal, and copy/paste in the following into the terminal window:

/usr/bin/drutil eject

Then hit enter, and the disk should eject.