See if either of these will work on Win 8:
Download : ADWCleaner
to your desktop. Make sure you get the correct Download button. Sometimes the ads on BleepingComputer will mimic the real Download button which should say: Download Now @BleepingComputerNOTE:
If using Internet Explorer and you get an alert that stops the program downloading, click on the warning and allow the download to complete.
Close all programs, pause your anti-virus and run AdwCleaner
(Vista or Win 7 => right click and Run As Administrator).
Click on Scan
and follow the prompts. Let it run unhindered. When done, click on the Clean
button, and follow the prompts. Allow the system to reboot. You will then be presented with the report. Copy & Paste this report on your next reply.
The report will be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.Junkware-Removal-Tool
Please download Junkware Removal Tool
to your desktop. Make sure you get the correct Download button. Sometimes the ads on BleepingComputer will mimic the real Download button which should say: Download Now @Author's site
- Pause your anti-virus. Close all browsers.
- Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
- The tool will open and start scanning your system.
- Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
- On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
- Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.