Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

deleted conduit

• Please log in to reply

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I have my daughter's computer and it is a window8. I was trying to fix it
I deleted conduit and once I rebooted I got this message:There was a problem starting C:\users\Walmart\Appdata\local\conduit\backgroundcontainer\backgroundcontainer.dll
I don't know how to correct this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
ginnyjoe

Edited by ginnyjoe, 03 November 2013 - 09:43 PM.

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
See if either of these will work on Win 8:

Download : ADWCleaner to your desktop. Make sure you get the correct Download button. Sometimes the ads on BleepingComputer will mimic the real Download button which should say: Download Now @BleepingComputer

NOTE: If using Internet Explorer and you get an alert that stops the program downloading, click on the warning and allow the download to complete.

Close all programs, pause your anti-virus and run AdwCleaner (Vista or Win 7 => right click and Run As Administrator).

Posted Image

Click on Scan and follow the prompts. Let it run unhindered. When done, click on the Clean button, and follow the prompts. Allow the system to reboot. You will then be presented with the report. Copy & Paste this report on your next reply.

The report will be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.

Junkware-Removal-Tool

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop. Make sure you get the correct Download button. Sometimes the ads on BleepingComputer will mimic the real Download button which should say: Download Now @Author's site
  • Pause your anti-virus. Close all browsers.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Attached File  JRT.txt   21.14KB   82 downloads

hope this is right.

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Attached File  AdwCleanerS0.txt   15KB   86 downloads

This seems to have worked. Thank you so much. I rebooted and that message did not come up. Thamk you very much.

ginnyjoe

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
Good. Your daughter should look at the list of junk the cleaner removed and should try not to download the same junk again. Might want to keep adwcleaner around and run it monthly tho it needs to be updated once in while.

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Yes I did tell her that. Thanks again for your help. This site has done a lot for me and once again I am not disappointed.
Ginnyjoe