and welcome to my office here at G2G
My nick is maliprog
and I'll be your technical support on this issue. Before we start please read my notes carefully:NOTES:
- Malware removal is NOT instantaneous, most infections require several courses of action to completely eradicate.
- Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean
- Kindly follow my instructions in the order posted. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
- Please DO NOT run any scans or fix on your own without my direction.
- Please read all of my response through at least once before attempting to follow the procedures described.
- If there's anything you don't understand or isn't totally clear, please come back to me for clarification.
- Please do not attach any log files to your replies unless I specifically ask you. Instead please copy and paste it to include the log in your reply.
- You must reply within 3 days or your topic will be closed
to your desktop.NOTE:
If using Internet Explorer and you get an alert that stops the program downloading, click on the warning and allow the download to complete.
Close all programs, pause your anti-virus and right click on the AdwCleaner
icon and Run As Admin.
Click on Scan
and follow the prompts. Let it run unhindered. When done, click on the Clean
button, and follow the prompts. Allow the system to reboot. You will then be presented with the report. Copy & Paste this report on your next reply.
The report will be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.Step 2
Please download Junkware Removal Tool
to your desktop.
- Pause your anti-virus. Close all browsers.
- Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
- The tool will open and start scanning your system.
- Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
- On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
- Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
to your Desktop Step 4Please don't forget to include these items in your reply:
It would be helpful if you could post each log in separate post using "Add Reply" button
- adwCleaner log
- JRT log
- OTL log
- OTL Extras log