Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Perflib_Perfdata_e04 in temp file svlpp.tmp can not be deleted due to

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Lightangel

Lightangel

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
My computer has been acting up for a while, getting slower and slower. When I went to empty the temp files, neither firefox nor IE were able to dump them. I spent most of yesterday emptying the temp files by hand 2913 of them. There were a bunch that would not delete because they were being used by a person or program, which is why I did it one at a time.

In the end, there were 10 files with Perflip_Perfdata names. This morning I finally was able to delete the older ones from 2011. One remains and it has a date of 11/1/2013, I am unable to remove it. I believe it is in the folder labeled svlpo.tmp. When I open the folder I find svlpp.tmp which can not be deleted because it is being used by something.

If this is not important I will leave it but reading this site makes it sound like malware.

Thank you.

Lightangel

Advertisements

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Hello Lightangel and welcome to my office here at G2G! :)

My nick is maliprog and I'll be your technical support on this issue. Before we start please read my notes carefully:

NOTES:
  • Malware removal is NOT instantaneous, most infections require several courses of action to completely eradicate.
  • Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean
  • Kindly follow my instructions in the order posted. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
  • Please DO NOT run any scans or fix on your own without my direction.
  • Please read all of my response through at least once before attempting to follow the procedures described.
  • If there's anything you don't understand or isn't totally clear, please come back to me for clarification.
  • Please do not attach any log files to your replies unless I specifically ask you. Instead please copy and paste it to include the log in your reply.
  • You must reply within 3 days or your topic will be closed

Step 1

Download ADWCleaner to your desktop.

NOTE: If using Internet Explorer and you get an alert that stops the program downloading, click on the warning and allow the download to complete.

Close all programs, pause your anti-virus and right click on the AdwCleaner icon and Run As Admin.

Posted Image

Click on Scan and follow the prompts. Let it run unhindered. When done, click on the Clean button, and follow the prompts. Allow the system to reboot. You will then be presented with the report. Copy & Paste this report on your next reply.

The report will be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.

Step 2

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Pause your anti-virus. Close all browsers.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

Step 3

Download OTL to your Desktop

• Double click on the icon to run it (If running Vista or Windows 7, right click on it and select "Run as an Administrator"). Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Under the Custom Scan/Fixes box paste this in

netsvcs
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
    /md5start
    explorer.exe
    winlogon.exe
    Userinit.exe
    svchost.exe
    services.exe
    /md5stop
    %systemroot%\*. /mp /s
    dir C:\ /S /A:L /C
    CREATERESTOREPOINT

• Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post them here for me.

Step 4

Please don't forget to include these items in your reply:

• adwCleaner log
  • JRT log
  • OTL log
  • OTL Extras log
It would be helpful if you could post each log in separate post using "Add Reply" button

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.