Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"My Ebay" link redirecting me to FAKE EBAY I feel.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

penelopepony

penelopepony

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
HP ~ XP using IE & checked Google & FireFox, all no good.

Relocated & fully ran my MalWare (Paid member), :( 155 items found)

Cleaned cashe, & ran FULL malware, still :( getting the below...

When on husbands pc, all is normal at Ebay, here, etc... but when I use this pc, all of a sudden, there's about 2 to 3 banner ads running across Ebay, etc... of other company adds, then

Just hit a description I'd saved, all good, attempted "My Ebay" & was blocked with a big screen telling me I need to to download their special ????

http://jsf.jsticket....aff%3D1030-8000

https://interyield.j...searchinfo=null

EVEN just now, returned to edit in copied & pasted links above, and almost a full screen blocked my log in, but I x'd it out, so I could sign it. Was here about 8 hrs ago to edit the above in, & even after tds & spybot attempts to clean up this mess, issues still happening.

Goes on to explain my IE is loading too slow. For the last couple of weeks, machines been getting slower & slower, lucky to get 5 items a day, do research etc...

PLUS my CAMEDIA picture editing program I use to edit my pictures has been shutting down a lot & it's REALLY annoying, given that those pictures has been all my evidence to get out of B.S. buyers trying to get something for nothing....

& Always getting "Error on Page" emblem & lable.

Nov 5, 5:25 pm ~ attempted to fix, , ran KSS Kapensky ??? Then ran Mbam & OTL, maybe no in that order with directions from help Sept 2010 post, more cleaning, so added the pic I've been getting. **** IN ADDITION *** My CD/DVD isn't working, has the dreaded lil yellow triangle (HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4247 ~~~ HP Laptop about 5-6yrs old).

Nov 6, 2013 ~~~ WWW. junk above apears to be gone, kept running malware & spyware stuff, went to malware program that u all suggest, last yr purchased the $24 pkg. plus side was things like the above, if a hack, etc... figure that's their job to tend. About 2am this morn, noticed the above was NOT popping up above what ever I opened.

:( TRAY APP box & tifmicon.dll on Flash Media Icon install error boxes WILL NOT leave my desk top :(
& my CD/DVD doens't work, I can't repair...

My pc info: OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name USER-C154F36BE6

System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard

System Model HP Compaq nc6400 (EH522AV)

System Type X86-based PC

Processor x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 12 GenuineIntel ~1828 Mhz

BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard 68YCU Ver. F.08, 12/15/2006

SMBIOS Version 2.4

Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"

User Name USER-C154F36BE6\User

Time Zone Eastern Standard Time

Total Physical Memory 2,048.00 MB

Available Physical Memory 1.09 GB

Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB

Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB

Page File Space 3.84 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

CD RW/DVD GCC – 4247 N ~~~ NOT WORKING

HP Officejet 6500 E709a Series is the printer I'm using. I went to the site, searched & searched & tried, but had to end up quiting because I ended up loosing too many hr.s had to get to work.

I do have external 3.5 floppies & old school stuff I've kept USB 3.5 backup.
or I can take one of my USB sticks strip out & use for any down loads that could be sent.

TY again
Desperate I can't figure this out. TY Penny :pepsi:

Attached Thumbnails

• media update.JPG

Edited by penelopepony, 06 November 2013 - 12:57 PM.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi Penelope,

Let's see what I can do to help. First of all please read the following:

• I am a volunteer. I do have a family, a career, and other endeavors just as you do that may prevent immediate responses that meet your schedule. Your patience and understanding will be greatly appreciated.
  • First of all, the procedures we are about to perform are specific to your problem and should only be used on this specific computer.
  • Do not make any changes to your computer that include installing/uninstalling programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, nor running scanners or tools of any kind unless specifically requested by me.
  • Please read ALL instructions I provide carefully and perform the steps fully and in the order they are given.
  • If things appear to be better, let me know. Just because the symptoms no longer exist as before, does not mean that you are clean.
  • Continue to read and follow my instructions until I tell you that your machine is clean.
  • If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask before performing the task that I ask of you, and please wait for my reply before you proceed.
  • Scanning with programs and reading the logs do take a fair amount of time, your patience will be necessary. :)

Now. I need to see the logs from the programs you ran above. Please post the logs for the following in your next reply:

Malwarebytes Antimalware
Kaspersky
OTL

OTL provides an Extras.txt log when scanned the first time. Please include that as well.

Donna :)

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!