Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Slow internet speed

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Whats the problem, my internet speed should be 150mb, yet my downloads are very slow and on speedtest my results are around 30mb at most, so 5 times slower speed than I should have. Already called my provider and a tech guy came and tested various stuff and even tried a different modem and its still the same, he said he has no clue what could be the problem.

So what could be causing this?

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Hi there,

If your ISP tech support has come out and perfomed testing, and has "no idea" why it's so slow, simple - they need to fix it. Or possibly, you need to "fix it" by talking to a different ISP and seeing what they can offer you.

From your description, it sounds like the problem is on their side.