Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan-Spy.HTML.Smitfraud.c help plz [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

needhelpwithtrojan

needhelpwithtrojan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the smitfraud trojan virus...everytime i click on IE or on my avast antivirus or anything on my desktop it wont open it says (program wutever it is) sumthing or another if u continue experienceing problems try restarting ur computer...and the options are close thats it...i have the blue desktop background which informs me that my computer cannot run in normal mode and the error was caused by Trojan-Spy.HTML.Smitfraud.c i have started up my computer in safe mode and run SCANDISK on it...and it worked so i logged into my user name in normal mode then i used my internet becuz it had worked after the scan and went to a mcaffee site and ran the online scan and it completed becuz i think it started again...and i ran this other adaware but since my computer isnt working i dont know wut the name is i cant remember...im on my fathers computer right now and he knows very little about computers i am suprised he hasnt a virus right now..my internet wont come up it says microsoft internet explorer is experiencing problems (it is an error report) i have tried defragmenting my computer...scandisk on normal mode but nuthing works..ive even tried removing files...still have the virus..oh and after all of those things i did after i went into safe mode...i thought i had cleaned my computer...but it still sed i had a virus so i restarted now the internet error report and stuff is coming up..I need to get rid of it i have Windows Millenium...please help..I cant get on this computer often becuz im not allowed to and my dad doesnt kno i have a virus...please reply soon, thank you.

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Welcome to GTG.

Get this on another computer and burn the programs to CD so that you can use on your own computer.

Please read the first link in my signature and follow the steps outlined there. When you are ready, post the HijackThis log here.

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with address of this thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.