Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC freezing on startup after graphics card upgrade

• Please log in to reply

ceom123

ceom123

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello i just upgraded my graphics card but now when i start my PC it freezes on the screen where i enter my password. The PC allows me to boot when i use safe mode

Edited by ceom123, 06 November 2013 - 12:00 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: ceom123

This is possibly a driver issue, have you tried installing the drivers for the add on video card when the computer is in Safe Mode.

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is a brand name provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB, add on video card and the PSU (power supply unit) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

ceom123

ceom123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

:welcome: ceom123

This is possibly a driver issue, have you tried installing the drivers for the add on video card when the computer is in Safe Mode.

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is a brand name provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB, add on video card and the PSU (power supply unit) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

My PC is a custom build:
GTX 770 2GB OC Version (This is the new card)
Coolermaster 500W (Not sure what one exactly)
GByte B85M-D3H MOBO
Intel Core i5 4430 S1150 Ret

I installed the drivers in safe mode but it still had the same problem so i done a fresh install of windows 7. This fixed that problem but now when i try to connect to a wireless network the PC freezes and then restarts (Somtimes gets BSOD)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Have you also reinstalled all of the MBs drivers, if not please do so and starting with the chipset drivers first.

ceom123

ceom123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Have you also reinstalled all of the MBs drivers, if not please do so and starting with the chipset drivers first.

I should have thought of that. I installed the drivers and now its working properly. Thanks

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
You are most welcome and thank you for the follow up ceom123 :thumbsup: