Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

First ever build Need advice

• Please log in to reply

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.
No. Just another bit to go wrong, Quality not that great, many posts with driver or other problems. If you reckon it is essential, buy a separate webcam.
This is just me, but I would not bother at all with a webcam. Bought one about 2 years ago, good quality, thought, talk to the family. Set it up 5 feet away, (did not want to poke people in the eye if I moved forward slightly, or frighten the kids with a monster face) The novelty lasted a couple of months, just a pain. Other person had be on line, or you run software to see if they are. Or you send them an invitation to chat, or an email to say you want to talk to them at a given time. Much easer to pick up the phone or use your iPad.

Advertisements

zlife17

zlife17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hey i found this part- Asus P8Z77LK-V Motherboard Listed at a good price and was wondering if it was a quality part

Edited by zlife17, 11 November 2013 - 10:34 PM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.

Asus P8Z77LK-V Motherboard Listed at a good price and was wondering if it was a quality part

Good board (socket 1155) but not compatible with your selected CPU, (socket 1150)

zlife17

zlife17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
see I almost messed up thank you

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.
Very easy to get confused with the Intel naming, AMD was always much simpler.
When you have decided on the parts you are going to purchase, download the manuals, especially the MB one as it is quite likely to be more up to date than tha one you get in the box.
Here is the G2G how to build, thanks to Troy and Artellos, > http://www.geekstogo...r-own-computer/