Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD while playing league of legends

• Please log in to reply

tonydaturtle

tonydaturtle

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I get a BSOD usually when im playing league of legends. To be more specific it occurs during champion select and i dont understand why.

Specs are as follow

Proccesor: Amd phenom™ II x4 955 3.20 Ghz
Ram: 4.00 GB
Graphics: Radeon Hd 5770
Motherboard: Gigabyte Model #GA-870A-UD3

Attached Files

Advertisements

mcarchy

mcarchy

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Is this a recent occurrence or has it always happened while playing this game?

Geeks has this tut on BSOD http://www.geekstogo...ixing-tutorial/

Edited by mcarchy, 10 November 2013 - 02:39 AM.

tonydaturtle

tonydaturtle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
this has been happening for quite a while now, and sometimes my computer would just reboot byitself instead of going to the BSOD.

i will check out the BSOD tutorial and see what i can do. and if anyone would like any more info pls feel free to ask.

Edited by tonydaturtle, 10 November 2013 - 07:40 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts
:welcome: tonydaturtle

Please provide the brand and model name or number of the PSU (power supply unit)

Go to Start then to Search
Type in compmgmt.msc and click Enter
On the left side click on Disk Management
On the right side you will see your hard drive.
Now I need you to take an expanded screenshot and attach it to your next reply.

Next;
Download Speedfan and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows.
The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.
If you are running on a vista machine, please go to where you installed the program and run the program as administrator.

Posted Image
(this is a screenshot from a vista machine)

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Depending on the results we may need to run further software for comparison http://www.cpuid.com.../hwmonitor.html

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

tonydaturtle

tonydaturtle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thank you phill.

Here are the requested screen shots.

I also forgot to add the minidump files in my first post, so here it is.

Attached Thumbnails

• diskmngmt.png
  • speedfan values.png

Attached Files

Edited by tonydaturtle, 10 November 2013 - 01:10 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts
Hello tonydaturtle

The HDD looks ok :thumbsup:

You have high temps and CPU usage showing for a computer that is not under load, has it ever been overclocked.

I previously asked;

Please provide the brand and model name or number of the PSU (power supply unit)

Can you provide these details please.

RunHWMonitor and post a screenshot for us to compare to Speedfan.

We will come back to the dmp files but we will useBlueScreenView as apposed to rar files

You are welcome BTW :thumbsup:

tonydaturtle

tonydaturtle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Oh sorry about that, the PSU is a 700watt XION and the model number is XON-700P12N.

And the HWN screen shots are as follows:

Attached Thumbnails

• hwmoni ss1.png
  • hwmoni ss2.png

tonydaturtle

tonydaturtle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
i've tried looking into the minidump files and found that there are errors with the ntoskrnl.exe and tcpip.sys files but i have no clue how to fix or even know if they are the cause of my problems. Would anyone care to elaborate?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts
From my previous reply;

You have high temps and CPU usage showing for a computer that is not under load, has it ever been overclocked.

Can you answer this please.

The temp 3 reading is high again but it is difficult to determine from which item of hardware the temperature is from.

Voltages are ok.

i've tried looking into the minidump files and found that there are errors with the ntoskrnl.exe and tcpip.sys files

Had your network card drivers or CCC been updated just before the issue began.

Please Run the PCPitstop.com OverDrive Full Tests

Here's how:

You must use your Internet Explorer for this procedure. (doesn't work so well in Firefox or others). If your machine is running Vista or Windows 7, you must Select IE to “Run as Administrator”. After completing PCPitstop OverDrive you can close your IE browser and re-open it Normally so that you are no longer running as administrator.

Go to: http://www.pcpitstop...pit/default.asp
Click on "Free Computer Check-up" listed below PC Pitstop OverDrive
In the User Login - Click on "Sign up FREE!"
You'll need to submit a valid email address and create your own password, then click - Create Account(button)

Now enter your email address and password to Log in, Select - Scan this system Now!(button)
You will then be asked to download an ActiveX component and allow it to install.
It is safe and does not compromise your privacy.
Follow the on-screen prompts to install the ActiveX and to allow the Full Tests to be run on your machine.

The Full Tests take about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes on most machines.
When complete, a Results - Summary - Recommended Fixes will be displayed.

Please post the URL internet address, from your Results, back here into this Topic Thread so that we can review the configuration and present performance levels of your machine.

Note: During the graphics 2D and graphics 3D testing, your screen will display some rapidly moving objects.
If you are sensitive to visual flashing, it may cause dizziness. Therefore, look away from the screen during that portion of the testing.

After reviewing the results we will be more informed and may be able to provide better recommendations for you to work towards improving your machine's performance.

While PCPitstop does offer a variety of Paid Products, the PCPitstop OverDrive testing is FREE. Please ignore the references to Paid Products. We prefer to provide manual solution instructions that you can apply directly to your machine.

Thanks to rshaffer61 for the PCPitstop information :thumbsup:

NB: An example of the url that we require and the information that it leads to http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=25271813

tonydaturtle

tonydaturtle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
No the computer has never been overclocked to my knowledge. Although i do play video games on it quite a few of hours daily which may be the reason to the high temp?

I have no idea if i updated my network cards or ccc let alone know what they are.

And here is teh PCPitstop results.
http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=25473903

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts
Thanks for the url :thumbsup:

Do you know how to restore the MBs default factory settings in the BIOS, this in case a bad setting is the cause of the problem.

There is nothing specific showing that would explain the crashes only happening in LoL, what I did note was that you have two different audio devices and drivers installed, please uninstall the audio device and it`s drivers that you do not use;

Sound,video and game controllers AMD High Definition Audio Device Advanced Micro Devices 3/1/13 7.12.0. 7714
Sound,video and game controllers Realtek High Definition Audio Realtek 11/2/10 6.0.1. 6235

If there is no change we will look at your drivers and testing your video card.

As an asides tonydaturtle I also noted the presence of BitTorrent in your list of software, are you aware of the risk of malware attack when downloading torrents.

tonydaturtle

tonydaturtle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
No I don't know how to restore the motherboards factory settings if it is a bad setting.

I'm also not really sure which sound device im currently using. And i'm aware of the risks of malware attacks while downloading torrents.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts
Reboot the system and at the first post screen (where it is counting up memory) start tapping the appropriate button that allows you to access the BIOS (Esc - Del – F2 etc)
This will enter you into the BIOS
Find the Advanced area and click Enter
Look for "restore default settings" or it may sometimes be listed as "restore most stable settings".
Once that is done then click F10 to Save and Exit
You will prompted to enter Y to verify Save and Exit.
Click Y and the system will now reboot with the new settings.

It is possible that you are using the add on video cards HD audio but can I ask if you have speakers plugged into the green audio port on the MB.

RE downloading torrents, I for my part have done as I am duty bound which is checking that you are aware of the risk of malware attack when downloading torrents, question asked and answered, thanks.

tonydaturtle

tonydaturtle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
No i dont have speakers, but I do have headsets and I will try to reboot my bios with the default settings asap

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts
:thumbsup: